Wednesday 15 October 2008

"Metcha Day" & Mystery Solved!!!

Sen-Chan: Today is turning out to be an utterly wondrous day, even though it's grey and raining!

First of all, it's #1 and my "Metcha Day" today! Yes! It was exactly one year ago that #1 came to the place where I was born, looking for a kitten. She arrived determined to get herself a ruddy Abyssinian, but I took one look at her and decided she had to be mine. So, I hopped up onto her lap, even though we hadn't even been introduced, and climbed up her arm to cover her face in kisses. She was a bit amazed to start with and eventually told Uncle U "I think I have been chosen. It looks like I'm not being given any choice in the matter." It was another two weeks before I actually moved in with her, but my fate was sealed on this day, and we will forever celebrate it!

This is me on that day:



and this is me now!



I've done pretty well, don't you think?!

And now for the other BIG NEWS! #1 said she was waiting for today to tell me, as this is a day of celebration, but Tommy and I are getting a sister!!! I think many of you may have guessed this already, with all those dreams I have been having (cats are pretty perceptive, you know...) . 

The little one is still with her brothers and sisters at Uncle U's at the moment, but she will be coming to live with us next week! She is the little kitten I have been seeing in my dreams!

The first photo #1 saw of her:



Pretty hard to resist, don't you think? Here are a few more:





She looks like he might be a bit of a handful, doesn't she? We will see when she gets here! And we will leave it to her to tell you all about herself once she settles in.

15 comments:

  1. OOoo! WOW! You're a precognitive Sen-Chan! Tom, are you getting a puppy too?
    Bolo
    http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's already learned how to deal with the purrpurratzi!

    Congratulations on your Metcha Day and on getting your new sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alors voilà! La grande nouvelle est annoncée....
    On prépare la petite Princesse au départ....
    ViVi & AB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow indeed,this going to be a lovely adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Metcha Day!!

    Congrats on your new sister! That makes your day even more special.

    Kisses
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Metcha Day!!!!! You were such a darling little fella!!

    Your sister looks so sweet! This is going to be very exciting!!

    Purrs Goldie and Shade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, she's faboulous! Quite a pawful of cat she is, shaking her little paw at the camera. I can't wait to meet her.
    Happy Metcha Day Sen-Chan!
    Give some purrs to Tom aswell,
    Siena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Sweety you're going to have one of my little fur sisters living with you! How utterly wonderful... :) I'm sure she's going to keep you very busy! Plus she's very pretty, so you'll have to be careful when she's old enough to find herself a boyfriend that she finds one as lovely as you! :)

    You better tell #1 that the Tappanyaki smelt nice on Mummy, Daddy and D'boy but they didn't bring me any home to try... It's certainly worth a visit I hear! :)

    Purrs and kitty kisses,
    Isis
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, ha, Sen-Chan, I came back to look again at your lovely sister and just noticed that your doing the question-mark-tail already in the first picture!
    Btw, I do it aswell, but my human isn't fast enough to get a picture of it. The floof distract from it anyway. Professional tree-climbing the other day!
    Purrs, Siena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Metcha day! And I am so excited about your new little sister. She is so adorable! This is very exciting news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sen-Chan,
    Happy METCHA DAY! I remember hearing from #1 on the day she met you, and how she was excited to be your Chosen One.

    And a new sister coming next week?! Yep, you and Tom are going to have your paws full!

    Love,
    Ms. C

    PS. I hope I can come visit someday so I can paint all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Z took one look at your sister and she almost ran out and got a sister for me too! Whew! I dunno whether to be relieved or disappointed that she didn't get me one. She's been itching to get a cat since seeing how nice and well behaved Sen-Chan is and now with this adorable face sharing space with you handsome dude, I have no idea how is she going to resist.

    Hugo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Sen-Chan you are so smart about things, knowing all about what Teppan Yaki and that. Then again you're French and know lots about good cooking! :) I've heard lots about Mummy catching prawns and shrimps in Normandy as a child and how tasty they were to eat... I sure wanna try some you know!

    Do tell me all about the meaning of your name, I've always thought it was Sen for Sensual and Chan for Champion! ;) Well you are gorgeous you know! :)

    Purrs and kitty kisses,
    Isis
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOu were a very cute babeh!
    Happy Metcha day!! IT is an excellent day to remember.
    You new sister looks like she might be a bit of a handful, but are not all babehs? :))

    V-V

    ReplyDelete
  15. You were such a beautiful and adorable kitten. I love that picture. I'm so excited to finally get confirmation that you're getting a new little sister. She looks absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.