Friday 27 May 2022

Family Friday With Hotesse

 

Hotesse: Wise neighs, everyone. I hope this finds you well. I am well, other than being bitten by all kinds of little critters that are very itchy. Ms. C makes sure I get lots of soothing cream!

As you know, I share my life these days with two of my daughters, Violette and Heloise. Over my years as a broodmare, however, I had ten foals in all. It is a particular treat when I get news of some of them or their descendants.

My third foal was a girl called Neva. She was born in 2001. Ever since she has been weaned, she has lived, with her older sister, Mignonne, with a very nice man called Mr. SL and his family. One of Neva's foals is a boy called Usky de Yevres, born in 2008. Mr. SL brought him and another Percheron from his farm to an event earlier this week. These photos were taken by our friend. Mr. P and we thank them for their use.

Here is Usky. As you can see, he is a very chunky boy!


#1 already knew that Usky was my grandson, but she looked into the other Percheron who was there that day, a three year old filly called Joyeuse de Yevres. Well, it turned out that Joyeuse is my great-great-grand-daughter! Isn't that super cool? She is in fact my Neva's great-grand-filly!

Here she is with Mr. SL


Isn't she a pretty little thing?

And here are the two of them:



Not many Percheron broodmares get to have news of their great-great-grandchildren! I am a lucky girl!

And talking of family, #1 tells me that this little critter is also part of my family! Isn't that just amazing? I am told he is called Ollie.


10 comments:

  1. We love getting to hear/see The HorseDoggy Tales!

    What lookers!

    H&K&W,
    Willow
    PeeEssWoo: Bonjour OLLIE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to be retired now, Hotesse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotesse,you do indeed have a lovely family!
    One that includes Ollie ;) MOL!!!!
    Maybe Benny too ;)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to hear about your children and their offspring, Hotesse. Those two look so beautiful. We certainly know where they get that from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this story has me smiling! so happy you could meet up with your family and with Ollie. All of you are beautiful to me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool for you to know about your offspring and other generations. Usually only race horses get their family tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to see you and your family members sweet Hotesse! I hope you all have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely family you have, I bet you are a very proud mom and grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can be proud of your lovely family, Hotesse ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.