Monday 21 March 2022

Manly Monday - Benny's First Gotchaversary!

 

Benny (officially Benkei!): Mgghhhghhhowwwww, friends! I am so happy to be celebrating my first Gotchaversary in such great company! Isn't it fun that it falls on the day of our weekly Manly Monday post? #1 said I could have the post all to myself.

Do you remember when I arrived at Poupounette Central a year ago? I was a bit of a sickly ragamuffin.


My ears were in a terrible state. #1 put me in quarantine in the guest bathroom and took me to see Dr. C the next day.


Dr. C told her off for adopting a kitten who was clearly far from healthy. She said that even my coat was dull where it should have been shiny. But I was so happy to be adopted! I was a very good boy and took my medication and let her put gunky stuff in my ears.

This was the first pic that Mr. G took of the two of us:


The ear improved a little but nowhere near enough. When I had my neuter surgery, Dr. C had a better look inside my left ear and concluded there was something there, so she sent us to the super vets at VetRef. I looked my best for the appointment:


I had surgery to remove a large polyp from my ear! I was so much happier afterwards!


I was finally released into the rest of the house. Queen Tama hated me right from the start, but Ollie and I quickly became best friends!



I love having a big woofie bro!

Mr. G regularly took great pics of me:


I discovered the cat run:


An then #1 disappeared for a long, long time, and Ollie was also gone for a long time. I missed him but I was looked after by Mr, G, as well as Ms. M and Ms. H, so it was OK. But I was very happy when #1 came back!

She said I had grown so much, and my coat was so sleek now!


Something called Christmas happened!


There was a huge cat tree with lots of toys on it!


Mr. G still takes great pics of me and #1:


And I've been working on my dangles in the hope of charming Queen Tama. It hasn't worked yet.


Here are a couple of pics taken over the last week:



Yes! I can go into the cat run again! I'll tell you about that another day.

And here is a rare photos of the three of us. I love my family and am so happy I came to Poupounette Central! I have the best bro ever in Ollie, and even though Queen Tama hisses at me, I am sure she secretly likes me.


Thanks for being my friends!


18 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Gotcha Day Benny!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Vet nay have thought is was silly to adopt a "sickly" kitten, but sick cats deserve to have good vet care too! Besides, you got better and look at you now!
    Happy Gotchaversary Benny!!!!!!!!!
    You got a really good home :)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy happy gotcha day... we are so happy that you are a part of poupounette central ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy First Gotchaversary, Benny! I am very glad that #1 adopted that little sickly black kitten who deserved the wonderful life you are getting now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on this special date! You are so full of love, little Benny! Thank you for a great start to our week; you made us feel very happy:)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy that you found such an amazing forever home. Happy gotcha day.
    Jan, Angel-Milo and Alfie. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gotchaversary #1!

    Such pawesome photos - which are tough to take of black furs!

    AND so nice to have Ollie as a canine ami!

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Gotcha Day, Benny! You sure were lucky to land in #1's home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is good to have a wolfie friend while living with a QUEEN... you all look wonderful and happy. and I know you keep #1 happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Gotchaversary, Benny!
    Dr. C should get the raspberries from both you and #1; love doesn't care about dull coats and icky ears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fairness, Dr. C was there for me when I adopted Sen-Chan and Yuu-Chan and lost them both very young to FeLV. I think she wants me to be spared any more pain.

      Delete
  10. Happy Gotcha Day, Benny ! We're glad you found such a wonderful family ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so darn special sweet Benny and we wish you a most happy Gotcha Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So the vet "told off" # 1 for adopting a sickly kitten ? Maybe #1 saw what that sickly kitten needed ! Happy Gotcha Day Benny !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Benny! My man! Happy Gotcha Day!! You sure have brought a lot of joy to the Poupounette! Even though Tama-Chan might disagree. ;) Those are some great photos of you. ~Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlee: "Happy Gotcha Day, Benny!"
    Chaplin: "Gotcha Days are the best days ever!"
    Lulu: "Many happy returns!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pooey on the vet who thought #1 should not have adopted you...why, you are a sleek, shiny and healthy mancat now! We are GLAD she did, and she loves you so much.

    We love you too, Benny!
    Happy Gotchaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy gotcha day, Benny! It's been quite a year, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Benny happy gotcha day and you look sooooo amazing! You are one luck boy to have had No. 1 fund you!!

    Purrz!
    Selina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.