Friday 11 March 2022

V & H Vendredi

 

Hotesse: It's been a while since we had a proper horsey post, so here we are today! The most excitement we had recently was the delayed visit by the farrier a week ago. Over the years, I only ever saw the farrier very rarely, and it was only ever done it stocks. But our farrier here does not use stocks so, I have had to learn to give my feet, which is a challenge for an arthritic old lady like me.


My daughter Violette was done before me, and #1 took this rather nice pic of the two of us:


And here was The Big V, waiting his turn with Ms. C:


Last to go was my youngest daughter, Heloise:


Nothing much else going on. #1 hasn't been able to come as often as usual because of her eye surgeries. But I also wanted to tell you that I have a new medication for my arthritis, thanks to a Percheron breeder friend of #1's in Germany. It is much cheaper than what I was getting at first and seems to be working well! That is something to be really thankful for!

Here are a couple more photos of me, going up to #1 for treats. As you can see, Ms. C lets me roam free around the yard, because she knows I won't do anything silly:



And that young "cousin" of mine, Lily, always comes to have a chat!


Keep well, everyone, and take good care!

9 comments:

  1. How nice to see you, and the rest of the clan, Hotesse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you all feel good having your hooves done.
    Good too that you had a nice visit with Lily Hotesse
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice horse doggy pictures!

    Merci!

    And I was there Ollie - out in the yard - something my #1 could never do with NAK -

    Fear not, you'll see me tomorrow -

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all the horses both mom and kids, bol and it looks like all of you were very good with the ferrier...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope the new med will be very helpful, Hotesse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You four are all looking so nice today. That's great that you found a new medicine to help you feel better too, Hotesse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are looking well, Hotesse. I am glad the new meds are helping you. I had never heard of horse stocks so googled it. They are very similar to a cattle crush which I am familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're glad the new meds are working well, Hotesse ! You're all looking great ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, mum would like to know what the arthritis medicine is? Can humans take it? It might help her hands.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.