Thursday 24 March 2022

Benny's Thankless Thursday

 

Benny: After a long, long time of the flap to the cat run being permanently closed, it opened again! I was so excited, and quickly leapt into the run, with #1 hot on my heels.

I staked out the run, and padded over to my exit spot.


Freedom was once more within my reach...


WOT???


My escape hatch had disappeared! It turns out that Mr. G had figured out where it was and told #1 who repaired the netting. NOT FAIR!!!

I'm still spending a fair bit of time out there during the day (#1 closes it off at night), but it's not the same. Sniff...

So, I've been practicing my dangles instead.



And even though #1 closed up my escape route, I am still thankful for the wonderful home I have at Poupounette Central.

12 comments:

  1. On Benny, I am sorry your escape route has been blocked, but it is important to be safe and #1 wants you to be safe. I am sure you can still have fun there and get all the outdoor smells and sounds.
    On the other paw, you are doing nicely with the dangles :)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. we hear ya... as soon as there is a chance for escape from alcatraz, it is gone faster than we made it... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that was disappointing for you, Benny! You might not like it but it is done for your safety, and you can still get out in the fresh air. Those are good dangles you are practising on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Benny, we're sorry you discovered your escape hatch had been blocked, but it's probably a good thing, right? Oh, and excellent dangles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it will now be some Thursday THINKING for you!

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look like a panther and i am sure that jungle is calling to you. I am so happy you can get in your run again and be closer to your jungle. its just not safe for you out there in the jungle. you are blessed to have your home and mama

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can you do, Benny, when your human just wants to keep you safe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're glad you are safe and sound in your home and cat run. Most kitties don't even have the luxury of a cat run so you should be thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really do have lots to be thankful for Benny and I know #1 is thankful for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Benny, you’re lucky to have such a great run area. You don’t need to be escaping from it. ~Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't is frustrating when humans find your secrets???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chaplin: "Leave it to the authorities to seal the borders!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.