Sunday 28 August 2022

Snuggles on Sunday: Looking back at Hotesse Snuggles


 #1 here. I would like to start with a special thank you to Ingrid at Meezer's Mews and Terriristical Woofs for the beautiful graphic she made in memory of my treasured Hotesse:


Although I first started photographing her in the early 2000s, I did not develop a close bond with Hotesse until 2015, and my first snuggle photos with her date from that period.



This girl was not used to snuggles but she took to them like a duck to water. Here are a few from 2017:




And once little Heloise was born, then the two became my best friends!




I took this one in ate 2019, the day I told her she was now mine (and I hers). She and Heloise stayed in the same field until the spring of 2020, when they moved to Ms. C's.

Here she is shortly after moving to Ms. C's place:



The next couple of years were filled with snuggles!












There have been so many snuggle pics. The last few were taken just a few days before she galloped off, and I love them almost more than all the others:





Hotesse was my neighbour for almost all of her life. I would see her from afar in the late 1990s and early 2000s, without any idea of who she was and what a huge place she would come to hold in my heart. I am so glad that I was able to fill her last few years with love and comfort, and that I still have her two beautiful daughters to snuggle with.

16 comments:

  1. Every photo is a beautiful and precious memory. I am glad she was able to spend her later years in your loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beauty she was! So good that you were able to acquire her and give her so much love and care.
    It is easy to see that she was so happy living with you and her daughters knowing she was safe and loved. She was a sweetie!
    Purrs, Julie and Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just so encroyable to have all those awesome shots - and so khool to see the transition -
    I bet NAT enjoyed the messages she carried with her to the great pasture in the skEYE!

    H&K&W,
    Willow and Phyll
    PeeEssWoo: Hi Ollie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful and these snuggles break my heart and also fill my heart at the same time. she was blessed to have you and you her.. goodbye sweet Hotesse

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're very sorry for the passing of beautiful Hotesse. We didn't get a chance to get to know her but we can see she was so loved by many. Sending you hugs to your end. Juno and mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, wonderful memories with Angel Hotesse.
    Hugs and purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those were all such wonderful snuggles and we know you miss that sweet, sweet gal. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful memories of wonderful snuggles with Hotesse throughout the years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hotesse loved to snuggle! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such good times you shared together. One of the most gratifying things on earth is taking care of the animal creation :) Three cheers for #1 and doing it so well for Hotesse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures and memories. I especially like the ones where Hotesse and #1 are nose to nose. Secrets whispered? She's in a better place now but will be forever remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beauty-full story with a love that shall endure. Glad she was yours for those last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very moving and beautiful tribute for your sweet and precious now Angel Hotesse.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wee all leeky eyed here Miss umm Numburr 1.....Yoy mew (new) Hostesse' fore so long an you nevurr mew shee wuud bee yore Horsie girl one day...what a LOVE Story! Each foto showss so much LOVE....wee are sorry Hostesse; has left THE Paddock so two meow, butt so glad you both had those yeerss twogether.....
    **nose rubss** BellaDharma an (((hugss))) BellaSita Mum

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a photogenic and loving creature she was. It's no wonder that she is so missed, and always will be. And I thank you for your kind sympathy regarding my Minuet. Life goes on, but a little less than it was before.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to hear the sad news of Hotesse, lovely photos.....Angel Mindy and Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.