Sunday 14 April 2024

Sunday Celebration! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYŪ

 

In this Year of the Dragon, our very own little Dragon, Ryū-Chan (full name URYŪ 雨竜 or Rain Dragon, and pedigree name Ultimo de Pippin's Pride) is celebrating his FIRST BIRTHDAY today! He was the last kitten by his mother Piccolo (aka Pickle) who has now been retired and is living a life of leisure, and was a singleton.

Here he is, just after he was born:


And shortly thereafter:


Here he is at about two months:


Ryū: When #1 met up with my breeder half-way to hand me over, I was about three and a half months old. Here I am with Ms. V:


I spent my first few days at Poupounette Central in quarantine in the guest bathroom, getting to know #1.



I then came out and met my bros, Benny and Momo.



And of course Queen Tama!


#1 says I was already a very handsome boy!


And a very wise one!


I loved my new family and ate all my food and grew like a good boy! By six months, I was apprenticed to Queen Tama.


And I was growing nicely!


My brother Momo, in particular, has been a great mentor!



I learned about sleeping under the covers with #1:


There was this big guy called Ollie... I found him a bit scary at first but both my kitty bros adore him, so I got closer:


Then I had my first Christmas! We all got special collars!



I have continued to grow, but apparently not "into my ears"!



I love my family!






And I adore my #1!


Here is my official birthday portrait:


Little Dragon, you have enriched all our lives since you joined our family. We wish you a VERY HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY and Many Happy Returns of the Day. May you be healthy and strong, and always keep that wonderful sense of fun and adventure! We love you!

From your #1, your "mentors" Benny and Momo, your "sensei" Queen Tama, your pal Ollie, and the big horses Vidock, Violette, and Heloise. 😻💖🐱

20 comments:

  1. Happy first birthday, Ryū-Chan. You were quite fearless meeting the rest of your family. I love that photo of you tentatively touching Ollie's tail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wish you a very very happy birthday Ryu. We can't believe a year has already passed but the photos don't lie. You were adorable as a kitten and you still are. And you are lucky to have such a wonderful family and #1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed watching you grow from a tiny kitten to a beautiful Cat, welcome to your grown up years. you were blessed to find a home with all your peeps, no where better for you. I love your EARS and curled tail

    ReplyDelete

  4. You surely scored the purrfect maison!

    Happy Ryu Day!

    H&K&W,
    Willow
    PeeEssWoo: Hi Ollie - soon time for me to start workin' -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday beautiful boy.
    From Jan, Angel-Milo and Alfie Marshall xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy First Fur-thday Ryu. You are a happy and lucky singleton!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Ryu-Chan! You and all your family are beautiful! I love seeing you with your #1, and know she loves you all. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Purrthday Ryu! I wish you many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW a year already! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Ryū-Chan! We can't believe you are a year old already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, Ryū-Chan ! We wish you a wonderful celebration ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Ryu!!! You have grown up so fast. And you are absolutely stunning!!!

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such a handsome Mancat and we can sure tell how loved you are. Happy Birthday from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, Ryu! You sure have fit right in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day! You filled an empty spot in the Poupounette family. And you gave us all the gift of extraordinary bats to enjoy. Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to YOU, Ryu!!
    You are one very handsome kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charlee: "Happy slightly belated big oh-one, Ryū-Chan!"
    Java Bean: "¡Feliz cumpleaños!"
    Chaplin: "Many happy returns!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.