Saturday 29 January 2022

Remembering Sen-Chan

 

#1 here. Sen-Chan (aka Poupounet), who started this blog with Tommy, was not with us for very long, and he left for the Bridge in January 2009, at the age of 18 months. He was an incredibly sweet boy, adventurous, kind and cuddly. I would like to remember him in today's post.

Although he was a pure-bred Abyssinian, Sen-Chan was a bit of a rescue. I saw him when I visited the breeder. He was clearly not well and came straight to me. He needed to be gotten out of there. The breeder sold him to me cheap and the rest was history, and far too short.

Here he is ,shortly after he came home:


He first met Madrac, who came before Fernant, and loved her:



But he and Tommy were absolute best friends.




He was the only one ever allowed out, because he was such a good boy.



He was an adventurer:



But he also loved to relax at home:


He had the cutest pink toes:


He was the epitome of a good boy and will always be missed. He is buried, with his little white bunny, in the garden, next to Yuu-Chan who was also taken too young by the same awful disease (FeLV). I like to think of them both now with Tommy again, and all the others too.

I was away when he died, attending my nephew's wedding in England. The day after I returned, I visited his favourite place in the field, and this is what I saw:



13 comments:

  1. Sen-Chan was such a sweet little boy. It is very sad that he passed so young. I believe that #1 is right and he did come to the tree to let her know he was well again. T didn't follow your blog back then and am not sure when I did start, but it must be several years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many memories - with so many great ones we hope balance/level out the bad -

    I hope NAK and NAL are doing some CHAT chasing!

    H&K&W,
    Willow and Phyll

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was a beautiful boy and I smiled all the way through, expecailly at him with the dogs. heart melting photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too short a time on Earth, but Angel Sen-Chan apparently gave a lot of love during that time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely memorial to sweet Sen-Chan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had wondered about your sweet kitties who died so young ( we feared FIP) We are sorry he left so soon but glad he got to a safe place and knew love and sunshine and green grass. And Tommy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sen-Chan was a beautiful boy and left this world far too soon. Sending you many comforting purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was such a sweet tribute and I did get a bit weepy, that's just way too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweetheart Sen-Chan was. I'm glad he spent his short life with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.
    SLOT ONLINE_ស្លត់អនឡាញ
    Thai Boxing_ប្រដាល់តាមអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete
  11. We did not meet Sen-Chan (aka Poupounet). We have loved all the flashback posts he has been in, as he definitely was a special guy! We send you our love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlee: "Aww, sweet memories!"
    Chaplin: "Sen-Chan cuddling with Tommy reminds me of how I used to cuddle with Dennis. I still miss that big red goofball vizsla brother of mine."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely tribute to such a sweet boy!
    He was loved and loving and made his mark .
    He left his pawprints on your heart for always <3
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.