Monday 28 July 2008

Mundane Monday

Sen-Chan: It is too hot for any excitement today and we are all taking it easy. It's pleasant inside the house and I got a bit of a shock when #1 opened the terrace door and I ran out.  It felt a little like when I get too close to the hob on the cooker... So, here was my measured approach to the situation:



I have a feeling I'm going to stick close to the shade today.

Tom: Being English, my resistance to heat is pretty limited. It was already hot when we went for our walk this morning! Thankfully, the garden offers pleasant resting places:



Earlier today, #1 was assembling something she calls an electric fan. I have a feeling that this is going to be exciting! But anyway, we are invited to dinner again at Pie's tonight so I know I am going to get to romp later. What's this about thunderstorms in the forecast....???



7 comments:

  1. You have the HOTS, too! Here in Texas, the HOTS are NORMAL..that doesn't mean we like'em..You've got great strategies for keepin' cool, tho'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a day of rest in the shade is in order for sure!!

    The PM wanted me to pass on to you that she said "hi" to Rice Point for you all on her time away. She took the wee-est one for a drive that way so she could have a well needed nap. Beauty of a spot!

    Purrs Goldie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very hot where I live for most of the year. It is just a lot more humid in the summertime. I hope you can stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually we like hot, but to hot we stay in the shade, we are waiting the storm for moving
    ViVi & AB

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is hot here too! and sticky, yuck. humidity stinks. enjoy the shade Tom & Sen.

    laying in front of a fan is a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess this is why we have the cold blowy air in our house. I don't think I could handle much hot.

    Chase

    ReplyDelete
  7. The heat makes all of us so very tired *yawn and stretch*

    It's not especially good for cuddling but I try anyway....

    Purrs,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.