Thursday 3 July 2008

Discoveries

First of all, we would like to say thanks to all of you who have been visiting our blog and made nice comments. It's great to meet new friends. Keep writing!

TOM: Life is always exciting for me but it was super exciting last night when #1 and I went out on our last patrol of the night before going to bed. I discovered this strange "thing" with lots of prickly things sticking out of it, and was about to give it a push with my nose when #1 said NO in that voice that must be obeyed. She then gave me a lecture about never, ever being mean to hedgehogs, so I guess I will have to be friends with them. Unfortunately, we didn't have out camera handy and couldn't take a photo.

Then, in the field this morning, we met Gwendoline again (she is the red-legged partridge) and I just HAD to chase her. It's in my every molecule! She flew off saying some not very nice things and I almost flew in pursuit. Of course, she won...

and I needed a rest afterwards

SEN-CHAN: My discovery has been of a different nature. Did I happen to mention that I am a gourmet? I LOVE to eat! I have had a number of intestinal problems and so these days, I eat mainly freshly-cooked chicken breast and rice. But today, #1 had a friend for lunch and they had something called pasta. There was an intriguing little bowl to the side, filled with something that smelled divine. I was very polite and waited until they had finished, and then went to investigate. Have you ever had Parmesan, the real freshly grated variety? It is simply divine! I ate every last morsel and am now dreaming about it..

.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sen-Chan and Tom!
    As for the birds, Tom, YES! They are most intriguing. You are lucky to actually get outside. Perchance to chase... unlike me.

    Sen-Chan, the cheese really does sound good. Ms. C enjoys many kinds of cheese, in fact she told me of the various cheeses your #1 shared with her mom this past Christmas and how they shared them, and frankly, I was envious. I like cheese. Not nearly as much as I like TUNA, but that which I have tried has been fun to chase and then eat!
    Your goofy friend,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be very, very careful around that hedgehog, Tom!

    Mom loves pasta Sen, but we prefer our Fancy Feast and crunchies. Gandalf will occassionaly eat some yummy chick-hen, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sen-Chan your paw pads are so cute! I'm glad you enjoyed the snack- I'm not one for human food usually but BACON is my exception.

    I think I would be scared of a hedge hog. I know that voice you mean...did you talk back to her? I always do and she calls me cheeky.

    Kaze

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sen-Chan: Oh, that is such a nice comment about my paw pads! Actually, #1 is totally besotted with them... Her previous boy, a ruddy Aby, had coffee bean coloured paw pads, so it was not the same.

    Tom: When #1 talks in THAT voice, there is no talking back. She expects to be obeyed! But she only ever uses that voice in an emergency, mostly for my own good. So, I'm cool with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you're very right about Kaze's name! You're the only one who's ever picked up on that! She runs like the wind....talks like the wind...well she's we'll named. Plus she's an Oriental Shorthair so the Meowmy wanted to name her something Asian.

    Latte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom, messing with that hedgehog would be like having three or four kitties all hanging on to your face. Not good.

    Radcliff loves chedder cheese, especially the really sharp stuff. None of us have tried parmesan, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.