Saturday 12 July 2008

Fearless Hunter!

Sen-Chan: Now that I am 1 year old, I obviously need to engage in some grown-up activities and I am happy and proud to report that yesterday evening, I caught my first mouse! Now before you urban kitties say "Eeeeeeeek" let me remind you that we live in the country and the local field mice expect to share our home with us. #1 has been pretty nice about it in general but she was eagerly waiting for signs of cooperation from me in keeping the issue "under paw." I wasn't well for a long time so I didn't really get going on the play and hunt themes until recently, but now! Watch out, Mousies, Sen-Chan's going to get you!!!!

In case you are wondering.... #1 stole the teeny tiny mousie and took her to the bottom of the garden where the big softie let her go. She didn't think to take a trophy shot beforehand, so here is a picture of me keeping watch in the larder:


After all that excitement, I obviously needed to rest and recover for the next bout, so here I am, being a perfect pear!



Tom: I got roundly told off this morning for eating a video tape box (yes, we still have those...). It was yummy red cardboard! Then we went out for our usual morning romp and Madrac joined us:



The field we run in is great but there is something in there that makes me sneeze and sneeze and SNEEZE! Not very convenient for sneaking up on the partridges....

We hope you all have a great weekend. Monday is a holiday here in France: July 14!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, Sen-Chan, congratulations on your first catch! I can't imagine how much fun that must have been. My furrymice toys are so much fun that I am wondering what would be like if they also had legs to propel them on their own?

    *dreams*
    Your friend,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!!!!!!!

    Well done!!! I am so happy for you. You are a fierce mancat now, a force to be reckoned with.

    Mice beware!

    purrs, Goldie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowie! Sen, you look like a very fierce and brave hunter! Isis will be very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an Aby living in Paris.....
    i don't have such delight here....
    Tao

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.