Saturday 22 November 2008

The Gourmet Experience

Tama-Chan: Even though I am still only three months old, I have already started my apprenticeship as a gourmet, under the guidance of my brother, Sen-Chan. Since we live in France, we decided that cheese should be our initial project. Opportunity came the other evening when the phone rang as #1 was eating her cheese. She had to step away from the table and we stepped right in!



"OK, now looks closely" said Sen-Chan, there are two types of cheese here, Gruyère from Switzerland, which is a hard cheese, and Chaource which is a soft and creamy cheese. Unless you can get #1 to cut the Gruyère up into little pieces, the Chaource is the better bet because youc an simply lick it!"



And thus we spent a delightful and very companionable moment, enjoying the finest cheese! I can't wait for the next lesson!

Tom: Do NOT, for one moment, think that I am dispossessed! Believe it or not, #1 does not eat the rinds on the soft cheeses, and guess who gets them?! Do I look anything but spoiled?


16 comments:

  1. Tama & Sen, have you an idea how many differents cheeses we have in France?
    Endless expériences!
    ViVi &AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. Nom Nom Nom! We do not get to try many human foods, but Gandalf likes cheese pretty good, when he can sneak some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to swipe some good vin rouge to go with your cheese. We used to have a cat that would wait until no one was paying attention and then creep up to drink beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are SO lucky! My mom is very bad at sharing her food.
    Purrs, Siena

    P.S.: I love pretzel sticks and my mom has to be very careful when she eats them. I'll do any trick to get at them, but they are very salty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew, we were worried that the Abys had gotten all the good stuff! Glad they saved you some delicious snacks.

    Your pal,

    Petey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheese is a most wonderful food. I am glad all of you got to have some. Please continue with your food reports. I am drooling.

    Your friend,
    Niamh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tom,

    I saw your picture on Raising Addie's blog and thought: Oh, my dog! You look a lot like me! They told my mom at the shelter they thought I was a spaniel.

    Woof!
    Sophy

    ReplyDelete
  8. An excellent lesson! Cheese is very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fine cheesy times for all at The Pouponette I see. This is good. Cheese is good.
    Mmmmm Cheese!

    Whicky Wuudler

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi kitties and Tom, we're glad to see that Tama and Sen Chan are bonding over cheese. and we doubly glad to hear that Tom gets cheese too. we love cheese. it's one of the greatest things to eat and we know that cheese can solve a lot of the problems between dogs and cats.

    woofs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. en-Chan you just haz it all worked out already! What a wonderful teacher you iz for little Tama-Chan.
    Mushka and I do not like cheese.. Momma and Dadda adore it.. the food, the humor, the whole cheesy experience :)
    PES: Tom-Chan how did you work that one? :)

    V-V

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't cheese the best? It's the only kind of food that ever really sparks my interest. I'm glad that your #1 is thoughtful enough to give you the rinds, Tom, as us dogs would have a hard time leaping up on tables as nimbly as cats do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I get bits of cheese sometimes, but nothing like the soft cheese you describe..I must send mom out to the deli!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! Sen-Chan is the best brother ever to introduce you to such delicacies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kon nichi wa,
    Sen chan, Tama chan and Tom kun!
    Lucky you guys! I wish I could have such nice cheese. Looks so yummy!
    Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that sounds like a great thing, soft cheese that can be simply licked. Maybe we can persuede Ms. C to get some.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.