Thursday 24 February 2022

Thankful Thursday

 

Benny: I don't have great photos for you today, but I do have a good story. When I first arrived at Poupounette Central and was in quarantine, my absolute favourite toy was the circuit where I could make the ball go round and round. Here is a pic from back then.


After I got out of quarantine jail (and, by the way, I was also operated for my ear polyp at VetRef, just like Ollie!), #1 moved the toy to the upstairs landing and I continued to love playing with it. Then, the ball disappeared. Then #1 found it, and then it disappeared again some weeks ago, and #1 hasn't found it. I would sit next to the toy, looking sad, so #1 started wondering how she could come up with a solution. Then it occurred to her that the ball was probably a standard table tennis ball! So, she went on amazon and ordered a six-pack, which arrived the next day (Thank you, Prime!). And they fit! It's just that the original ball was white and these are yellow. Now, since she got the six balls, three have already disappeared (she suspects that Ollie may have something to do with that...). So now, she hides them, except when she sits on the floor to play with me.

The pics are really not great, but I still LOVE playing with this toy!


When #1 sends it spinning, it goes so fast it becomes a blur!



And here is Ollie moving in for the steal!


I am thankful to #1 for getting those extra balls so I can continue playing!

12 comments:

  1. that is a mighty fine toy...we would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you have a toy you really like Benny!
    Guess Tommy likes it too, or at least the ball.
    Good thing #1 can get more balls. MOL!
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That toy looks like great fun, Benny. Ollie, stop hiding Benny's balls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very good story...you are a sweet boy!
    We are thankful that you are at Poupounette Central!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NAK would loave the chasing :-)

    Me?

    Not quite sure what I would do -

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Benny, Sweetie has one too, and she and I play every day!
    Da Boyz have another one downstairs, but it seems only Manny plays with it...as The Hubby and I are watching 'Jeopardy!' and we have to turn the volume UP because Manny is making so much noise...

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great news, so glad you have a replacement and a few left over in case someone we all know and love steals one

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great that #1 figured out a replacement for those balls. We sure hope the missing ones haven't ended up in Ollie's tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, Ollie, please don't swallow those balls, you do not want to go back to the vet hospital, even though you love the docs there...

    Benny, that is a great toy, and we are happy your #1 found replacement balls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sure is fun for you to have your toy back Benny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad #1 found a solution to keep your favorite toy working, Benny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlee: "Ooh! We have a toy like that, too!"
    Chaplin: "Our ball has also disappeared more than once, but so far it has always been recovered."
    Charlee: "Yeah and it is usually wet and covered with dog hairs, so you can guess who our prime suspect is."
    Lulu: "Ooh! Who's the suspect? Is it Dada? It's Dada, right?"
    Chaplin: "That's right."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.