Tuesday 31 March 2020

Genji's Birthday Tuesday!


Genji (aka The Shining Prince): Hello everyone! Today is my birthday and I am 9 years old! #1 keeps saying that she just can't believe it, and that I shall always be her baby.

I have something interesting to tell you in this age of the Coronavirus. Some of you may remember that, just over 4 years ago, I was diagnosed with Feline Coronavirus, which is what causes FIP. You can see that post here. As you may know, Coronavirus is quite prevalent in cats and those who test positive many never develop the awful symptoms of FIP. So far, I have been lucky, and we are all crossing paws, hooves and fingers that I shall stay that way. Following that initial bout of pancreatitis, I remain fragile and #1 watches me like a hawk and makes sure I eat well. She has refined various strategies to get me eating again when I go off my food from time to time.

Anyway, let us take a little trip down memory lane:

This is the first photo that #1 saw of me, and she naturally fell in love with me!


I flew up to Paris from South-West France with my breeder, and #1 met me at the airport. I liked her right away:


I settled into my new home very quickly and nobody even hissed at me! Tommy took me under his paw:


And Da Beebs was a great big brother:


Many happy years followed and then, Sei-Chan was gone, and then Tommy was gone, and then Beebs was gone. It was a very sad time. But #1 decided to go beyond the sadness and little Ollie arrived. He and I quickly became best friends:



Here are some of my nice portraits taken over the years:


 





Here are my birthday shots for this year, one of which shows off my whiskers and another my GloBats!



And this one shows both off!



Ollie is still my best pal!


From #1: To my little Blue Boy, the greatest snuggler ever, I wish that you will continue to defy the odds and brighten up Poupounette Central for many, many more years💖💕💝💙💜💖

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GENJI!

18 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday to youuuu!!!!! I hope you can celebrate with your fumily and all friends are there in their thoughts ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happy birthday and many more of them, Genji!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genji, you are fantabulous, and those Globats are too too splendid!
    Happy Birthday, sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all such wonderful photos! Happy Birthday from all of us dear Genji, say healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Sweet Genji! We can't believe you are 9 already. We hope #1 has some special treats planned of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Many happy years followed and then..."
    Well, saddy, it's always like that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to believe you are nine! We hope there are many more wonderful birthdays for you handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Gen-Chan! I enjoyed all these sweet photos. You were such a cute kitten and have grown into handsome mancat! I forgot you had coronavirus. I do hope you stay well.
    Enjoy your special day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Genji ! We wish you many many moore happy days to come ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Genji! Oh my gosh, that baby picture is the cutest thing ever! And you grew up adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are in total agreement with #1's wish for you Genji. Happy Birthday, we have enjoyed following your nine years here on the blog.

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Purrthday Genji - and many more ! POTP and purrayers to keep you safe from FIP !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Sweet Genji!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mum has a sister that shares your birthday.
    Lucky her ;)
    Purrs,Georgia and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Purrthday Genji. You are one handsome dude.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy (slightly belated) birthday, Genji! I can't believe you are nine! You look like a youngster!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy (belated) Birthday, Genji!
    Hope you have many more of these celebrations in good health!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.