Thursday 23 May 2019

Thankful Thursday


Da Beebs: Friends, I almost didn't make it to this week's post. I did not eat for several days and #1 made the fateful call to the vet on Tuesday morning. Then, I hacked up an impressive series of hairballs... and I ate something! So, there's #1 scratching her head... She decided she would take me in to see Dr. C after all as she hadn't seen me since early April. Mr. G and Ms. N very kindly came along, and they drove so I could ride with #1, in my harness. #1 decided that Dr. C would make the call, but she said there was no way I would be sent on my way because of hairballs. Anypaw, the sad fact is that I am very skinny, I've lost muscle mass, and I am getting quite jaundiced, in addition to my issues with mange. I'm actually a bit of a mess, but #1 loves me just as much anyway. Dr. C, who brought me into this world when she performed the Caesarian on Mama Tama, took my temperature and said that I seemed to have a bit of an infection. She also said that I was still active and did not have "that look" in my eyes, so I got a reprieve! Friends, I am on borrowed time, so I am making the most of every second. I am on a new round of antibiotics, this time to be injected so as not to risk pills making me nauseous. #1 gave me the first one at Dr. C's office under supervision, and she will give me the other three, every two days.

Here I am, riding to Dr. C's on #1's lap:


What can I tell you, my friends? I am beginning to feel very tired, but #1 has been taking me outside each sunny day and I love sitting on the grass, or on her on the grass, and listening to the birds and the insects. She says that that is when I look my best:




And here I am at my buffet;


I can't make any promises about next week, but if I am gone please remember that I have been loved every day of my life, and that is something so precious to be thankful for.

12 comments:

  1. we hope so much for the best...and we send you a giant hug... and we are thankful that you are our kitty friend ... furever and ever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bibi, we are sending you all the love and purrs you can handle.
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending you love, Beebs. You will let #1 know when you are ready to join the rest of your family and friends at the Bridge. In the meantime enjoy the love of your family, and also all your blogging friends. I hope now you have got rid of those hairballs and are on new antibiotics that it makes you feel a lot better and you intend to stay around for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are crossing our paws that you have many more days with your family. It sure looks like you are enjoying your time outside too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purrs and prayers from us dear Beebs, we're hopeful you'll rally once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bibi, it's good to see photos of you in the present time, and hope you'll stick around awhile longer. Sending purrs and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. **gulpsss** Bibi mee understandas that yore on borrowed time (LadyMew told mee 'bout 'angel' Aunty Nylablue). Wee sure hopess you will bee here next week an THE week aftur...Yore a true soldier an wee here at THE Purrfect Pad adoor an love you so furry much!!!
    ***purrsss*** an POTP BellaDharma an {{huggiesss}} LadyMew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bibi, I hope the meds make you feel better enough so that you have some more time with us all! We love you, and don't want you to suffer, of course, but it seems like you still have some fire in you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to see you happy, Bibi. Tomorrow is another day, and of course we'll be glad to enjoy your company longer. Purrs and hugs to #1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beebs, we are sending you and #1 and Dr C purrayers and POTP - the three of you are a formidable team, and love will carry you & # 1 through whatever comes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beebs, we are all here wishing that you have plenty of days left in you. Hope the medicine makes you feel better right away and you can enjoy the outside with #1. Have a great day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beebs, me and mum are happy you are still here. Multiple hairballs do not sound good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.