Wednesday 13 March 2019

Wednesday Worries


Da Beebs: Mee-Yow, everyone. I am remotely posting from my hospital bed to give you a bit more of an update on my condition. As you know, things started going downhill again for me as soon as #1 returned from Switzerland, and by Monday, I was barely eating. With #1's car in the shop and the loaner being tiny, Mr. G and Ms. N very kindly offered to drive #1 and me to Dr. C's for my scheduled blood test.

#1 was seriously worried. In fact, she was so worried that she thought Dr. C would tell her that there was nothing more to be done. But she did not. She told #1 that she still had a few tricks up her sleeve and wanted to try them. #1 mentioned that she was going to England from Sunday to Thursday of next week, and the decision was made to hospitalise me there and then. I am going to need drips and sub-Qs and it will be easier to do all that if I am at Dr. C's. #1 had thought to take one of my blankies along so I have something soft and familiar to sleep on.

Oh, and you know how they talk about adding insult to injury? Well, guess what? I also appear to have a case of ringworm. Really!

On the way to the vet's, #1 decided not to be put me in my carrier but to put on my Puppia harness and have me on her lap as she was not driving. I really enjoyed the ride, and being able to look out whilst safely in #1's arms.

We passed through some small towns:



Look at all those houses!



The wide, open road!


Dr. C was in surgery whilst we were waiting. I decided to go and sit in the sun on the scales. Bad move. I have lost all the weight I had gained...


Ms. K, the vet tech, was preparing my luxury suite. In the meantime, I waited in the waiting suite. That's my blankie.



Dr. C's first order of priority is to reduce my urea and creatinin, which spiked since my last test. She says that's why I didn't want to eat. #1 is bringing some of my favourite foods today when she comes to visit so that I have something nice to eat when my appetite returns. Dr. C did call #1 yesterday even to say that I was comfortable and quite chipper.

So that's it folks. I am pretty sick, and I am trying to claw my way back from the edge, with #1's support and Dr. C's help. I really appreciate all your support, purrs and crossed paws, here and on Facebook. We will keep you updated.

18 comments:

  1. I am sending lots and lots of purrs your way, Bibi! I hope the vet's work gets you through this rough patch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we cross all paws and fingers that the tricks of dr. c can to the trick... and maybe they can become even a miracle and you can go back home as soon as pawsible with purr-fect news... hugs to you and lots of potp we know you are in the best hands with your dr. c.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are sending positive energy and good juju your way Bibi.We purr really hard that you will get well!!
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Bibi, You look lovely and have lots of good people giving you the best of love and health care! We are hoping with everything we have, that Dr C gets you through this upset. Affectionately, Lorine and Sami-Chan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang Beebs, we're sure worried about you too. You keep fighting and do what the good Doctor says so you can get better and get home. Hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, Mr Beebs. Ninja, me and my Mom are purraying hard that you will get better. Everyone loves you and wants the best for you. We also send you and #1 strength.
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, c'mon now! Fight for it, Beebs, and we'll keep sending hugs and purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beebs is in the best hands possible (esp. with his blanket!). Keeping you all in my thoughts and hoping for a strong recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mewo mewo Bibi wee so worried 'bout you butt wee know Docktur C will do her best fore you there! Numburr 1 wee are purrayin (LadyMew doess that) an mee iss *purrin* loud an proud fore Beebss too ree-covurr soon. Wee send lotss of love too!
    ***purrsss*** BellaDharma an {{{huggiesss}}} LadyMew x0x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very kind of Mr. G and Ms. N to drive you and #1 to the vet. And I'm glad Dr. C has more ideas to help you. I love the photos of you in the car. Looks like you enjoyed the view a lot :-) Sending purrs your way. Get better soon, Bibi-Chan xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. We think you are right where you need to be now, Bibi. Your vet reminds Mom of one of ours who was always willing to keep Angel Phantom at his clinic when Mom and Dad had to be away. We hope your stay will help make you stronger and healthy again.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you are in the best place possible to help you feel better Bibi. We are keeping our paws crossed for you and hope the vet can fix your problems.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! We didn't know about this -- we've been bad blog friends. We are all crossing paws for you sweetie! Just do exactly what your doc tells you and we'll purring hard for you in NC!

    Purrz!
    Selina & MK

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude - Beebs....we are sending lots and lots of healing purrs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beebs, we are sending purrayers and POTP for you. We know you will get god care at the vet and that #1 will be thinking of you every minute. Just concentrate on getting better !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sending good thoughts to you Beebs and hope Dr.C gets you feeling much better again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending lots of healing purrs to you Beebs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are purring like crazy for you, Bibi, and hope you start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.