Thursday 27 December 2018

Tommy's Thankful Thursday


Tommy:Woofs everyone! You must be wondering why on earth I have a "thankful" post, given the news that I shared with you last week. Well, you know what? There is always something to be thankful for or about.

Almost six days have passed since that fateful trip to the vet and the ghastly diagnosis of hemangiosarcoma of the spleen. Since that time, the only thing I have been taking is cortisone, which has been making me very thirsty and wanting to pee all the time. I was taking 30mg a day but yesterday, following consultation with Dr. C, the dosage was reduced to 20mg. During these six days, I have been cheerful, energetic, happy to go out and play with my ball when the weather has permitted it, and showing a hearty appetite for my meals and treats. #1 keeps asking herself how I could possibly be that sick. If I continue as I have been in the coming days, she is seriously considering taking me to a referral clinic (the same one that Tama went to when she had her cough issues) where they have more high-end imaging equipment, just to make sure.

In the meantime, I am thankful for every day, for the yummy meals that #1 is making me, and, most of all, for the huge outpouring of love from our friends all over the world. You are the BEST!

#1 really loves this photo. She says it is like a painting!


Chasing my ball:



For Christmas, I got a prosciutto bone!


#1 says the best thing about this photo is that it shows gums of a healthy colour!


Me on Christmas day, with my new snake toy from Miss Claire at The Swiss Cats! Thank you, Miss Claire, Zorro and Pixie!


There was a hard frost yesterday morning, but that did not stop me from wanting to play!


And do you remember Miss Sophie Kitten? She has been getting closer and closer to me each time I visit!

 
Who knows, Dear Friends? Maybe I will go out in a blaze of glory, or maybe I will stick around a little longer after all...

17 comments:

  1. Tommy we are so glad that you even can reduce the meds... and if we see the photos we wonder too ... and we wish you all the BEST and we pray for ya efurry day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thankful that you are doing so well that you are having fun!
    We purr you continue to feel well and we will continue to purr for you.
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you are doing so well, Tommy! It would be a huge wish come true if your diagnosis turned out to be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as long as you can enjoy life, and don't suffer ...
    Good luck Tommy

    Frimousse's Master

    ReplyDelete
  5. It warms my heart to see you happy and doing well. I'm thankful for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Tommy, What an inspiration you are! You are thankful and loving even if things are scarry. One day at a time, it really is all any of us have. May we too live it in appreciation for our friends and families, furry and not. Sending snuggles to the whole gang! Island Chans, and Simon and Lorine xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Tommy, we are thankful you are so happy and playing and eating. Continued purrs your way xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hawwoooo! That's good news indeed mate, love that pict with the bone BOL BOL BOL!!

    nuk

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so happy you are feeling so well, Tommy. Maybe it is a misdiagnosis - wouldn't that be wonderful!!! Mom thinks your eyes tell a lot about how you feel.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're so glad you enjoyed your toy, Tommy ! And it's wonderful you could have fun and great time these days ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am reading this blog post AFTER I read #1's FB post, and it's too sad. Sending hugs and purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all love you Tommy and it made our day to see you so very happy. Five kitty and two human hugs headed your way pal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry. Eastside Cats sent me over here. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending lots of love and hugs to Poupounette Central. We cannot imagine Tommy not being there.
    Allow yourself time to grieve Virginia. Tommy was a very special companion.
    Nancy and the kitties

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a beautiful, just perfect picture of Tommy and indeed it is like a painting. I hope it will be enlarged and mounted in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are so glad that Tommy had some really good days before he had to go to the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Meow meow Tommy yore lookin so happy an fit inn yore photoess!! Wee are so happy you are stabill an feelin guud enuff to run an play!!!
    Go Tommy Go!!!
    ~~~head rubsss~~~ BellaDharma~~~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.