Saturday 30 August 2008

Tommy's Tidings

Tom: Well, I have now been back home for almost 48 hours and I am busy settling in, which is hard when you are supposed to be very quiet. I am still taking antibiotics and also a mild sedative to keep me from bouncing around too much. I am also still wearing my Elizabethan collar most of the time...



... but the good news is that it gets taken off when I have my meals and for a while after that. One thing that has not changed is Sen-Chan trying to help me eat my meals:



I had a good time early afternoon today as #1 decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather to wash her car, aided by Ms. L who is staying with us. In order to keep me occupied when we were outside, she gave me one of my birthday presents which turned out to be the biggest bone I had EVER seen:



This is a lot of hard work!

Anyway, I am really hoping that when we go back to the vet's for a check-up on Monday, she will be pleased with my progress. I am really keen to get back to my long runs!

Before closing, I wanted to pay tribute to a lovely lady doggie who went to the Bridge yesterday. Her name was LISA and she was a mixed breed with a lot of shepherd/collie in her. She was 14 years old and was rescued three and a half years ago by Ms. A and Ms. H, friends of #1, after spending 6 years (!) at the shelter. She was much loved and indulged following this but sadly developed one of those nasty "C" illnesses and could not make it. #1 went out and helped her mom take her back home from the vet's and to lay her out so that the two other dogs could pay their last respects before she was cremated. It was very touching to see, according to #1. Last night, all the people shared a bottle of Champagne in memory of Lisa and also of IKKYU. It's good to remember our friends and raise a glass to them!


5 comments:

  1. Tom, it looks like you got a brontasaurus bone for your birthday! That should keep you out of trouble for a good long time.

    Glad to see you're home and feeling better!

    Your pal,

    Petey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, good luck with the vet tomorrow
    ViVi & AB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get the OK from the vet Tom and can lose the lampshade:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are recovering so well, Tom. Things will be back to normal in no time.

    Purrs,
    Abby & Stygia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're home Tom. Isis says I have to send kitty kisses and the like to Sen-Chan or I get no ear cleaning this afternoon... Honestly the things a Mancat must do to get a good grooming round here! ;)

    Purrs,
    Ramses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.