Friday 15 August 2008

Settling Back In

Sen-Chan: Things are obviously not yet back to normal as, despite all her good intentions, #1 did not manage to post our posts yesterday. She spent the morning catching up with work, then we had overnight guests who arrived in time for lunch, then several other friends dropped in, and she also had to look after us, so poor #1 is looking a little bleary-eyed...

I, on the other hand, am anything but bleary-eyed. I am strong and sleek, and ready for anything. Just look at this:



#1 did have a fit yesterday, though, when I started heading towards the road at the bottom of the slope from the next garden. In fact, I was just trying to make friends with the two funny long-eared guys who live in the next field over. Have you ever seen anything so strange?



Tom: I have been enjoying getting reacquainted with my field. Some of the very tall grass is beginning to bend over so it is easier to see over it again.


I had another adventure this morning as #1 took our guests and me to an event celebrating our local Percheron horses. I wonder what Sen-Chan would have made of her?



It turns out her name is Nymphe ("Nymph"? Ha!) and she's an old friend of #1's. She did seem pretty easy-going, though.


5 comments:

  1. We think it's OK if it takes your Mom to recover from so much traveling! We love the donkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those awe the biggest doggies I've evew seen??
    hehehe
    Have a gweat weekend
    smoochie kisses
    ASTA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it takes a while for things to get back to normal. Those donkeys are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're home! Those fellas in the next field over have really big ears-kind of fruit-batty, but a little on the furry side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sen-Chan,
    As you know, I just got a sister. I want to know if you have any advice for dealing with siblings. I think you are pretty brave to deal with having such a large brother, and I can't imagine being anywhere near thosr strange creatures living in the grass behind that fence!

    Your friend,
    Abby Normal

    PS. My favorite toy from France so far is the yellow smiley. It has a string attached to it which really makes me go wild!

    PPS. The word verification I have to type is whapx ... is it trying to tell me something?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.