Thursday 10 February 2011

Toys on Thursday


Tama-Chan:
Mama Tama here. I would like to start off by reminding everyone that today is KITTEH voting day in Mango Minster 2011 and my son, Bibi is entered. Now, I may hiss at him and maul him on a regular basis, but he is still my precious son, so I will please ask our friends to lend him their support in this endeavour. We rather suspect, looking at the comment that accompanies his photo in today's MM 2011 post, that Mango has never seen a kitty smile before? The link to MM 2011 is top left of this page.

Now, on to other things. The parcels that #1 sent herself from Japan have finally arrived. As per usual, she had quite forgotten what was in them so it was a great surprise for all of us, especially that there were some prize items in there for us!

Firstly, she had actually bought us a pair of cube tents! We have always read about them in other blogs but had never had one ourselves, and we are thrilled!

Here I am trying them out with Bibi:


Sei-Chan got her turn too:


Side View:


Funnily enough, it also made our dome popular all of a sudden!


The cube tents were great but the real prize was a big yellow "Neko Kick" filled with Matatabi (Japanese cat grass). We all loved it so much it caused some serious whapping and snarling...
Bibi was the first to discover it:


And this is what followed:


[By the way, we tried to upload a video of Bibi but failed miserably. Would some of our Mac-using friends give us some tips on how they upload their videos, please?]

Then I discovered it...


Here is Sei-Chan trying to warn Bibi to stay away with her laser eyes:


He did not listen so this is what happened:


#1 is seriously considering ordering a few more...


Finally, #1 would like to say a big thank you to KB of Romping and Rolling in The Rockies for figuring out why we were having problems with post dates. In both cases, they were posts that she had started writing the previous day. Even though, she did not actually post them until the following day, idiot blogger insisted on using the date on which the original writing was done. As we have said before, there is nothing more stupid than technology that is trying to think for you.

19 comments:

  1. We have been and voted for Bibi-Chan in the contest - we just loved that wicked smile!! We are pleased that your posting issues are sorted out.
    Your Neko-Kick looks popular - even causing a rumpus with everycat wanting to give it a hard kicking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics!
    Blogger will only accept a video file of 100 MB or less. If you Export the video from iPhoto, I seem to remember a choice to export it in a size for posting on the web - that way it makes a much smaller file. But now I can't find how to do it and I have only done it once or twice. It may have been a choice from within Quicktime. May all depend on exactly which versions of the programs each of us have. I will keep browsing myself to see if I can be more specific.
    Simba's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tents are really nice, bet you will all enjoy them a lot.

    We create our videos in iMovie and them export them to YouTube, seems to work the best for us. Sometimes we just export to our desktop and use Blogger to upload them, but it is always very frustrating as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

    As for the date, we used to have that same problem, but KB is right, you have to got into the post options and change the date if you start the post on a different day.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well,as we always say,you can never spoil a kitty too much!
    Now play nice children and share!
    the critters in The Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah what fun you are all having. I need my human to go get fun things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love your new club houses. Wonder if we would fit in there. Happee day and good luck in the contest
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that Neko Kick looks like lots of fun - it definitely looks like you need two more!

    I use a WP blog, so I'm afraid my human and I can't be much help. We upload our videos to YouTube and/ or Vimeo and embed them in the blog. But a lot of blogger templates (yours included, I believe) do not have a wide enough post column to fit the smallest sized YouTube embedding - the right end of the video disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMC! I counted I think four, not one, not two, not three but four tents! How much fun you must be having at your place. I have one and that keeps me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Tommy -

    Please tell Bibi-Boy-Chan-Khat I pawed my vote fur him!

    Great stuffs fur The Chans - what about Tommy?

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were happy to get online long enough to vote for Bibi tonight. Best of luck to you, Bibi, not that you'll need it, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool toys and extra fun because EVERYBODY was surprised!

    Thanks for the kind well wishes you left on my blog for my sister, Nuka's birthday! You helped us raise $100 for the rescue she came from. We appreciate your helping to make the day very special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that Niko kick toy....it should be really good if Sei-Chan and Bibi-Chan would fight! I need to get it for my boys! Not one, but two as they may fight too...!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss Sei-Chan, you look SO BOOTIFUL in your little tent, so delicate!

    I have many v-day smoochies for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cube tents are really something!

    Good Luck in the competition!

    Big Nose Pokes
    The Thugletsx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great cubes! Surprise presents from yourself are always the best.

    I upload videos from iMovie straight into Blogger, but it takes a long time and doesn't always work. Try putting them on YouTube or FlickR and posting them from there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. More toys ? And cubes too... We are coming to your house to play, for sure!

    Mum is techno handicapped. That's why we don't have our own blog. She just got an iPhone4 last night and can't even figure it out. No help from her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You got great toys. We have that tent too and have a lot of fun with it.

    Enjoy your new toys!
    Good luck with the video upload for the next time!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh boy...looks like you guys have lots of toys and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.