Thursday 26 September 2024

Thankless Thursday

 

Benny: Woe, Woe, WOE is me (and us in general)! Dear Friends, our tale of woe continues with #1 abandoning us again today, until Sunday evening. And she has already warned us that the same awful scenario will be repeated next week. By the time she is done with this round of madness, #1 will have been away five of the past six weekends! Can you believe the awfulness? She swears that will be the last one for a while, though.

And just to make matters worse, I got taken off to see Dr. C on Tuesday! My eye had been a little unwell for a while and then it was looking really sore. Dr. C had returned from vacation on Monday and off we went. She took a good look and said that I had had an ulcer which had healed itself but I now had raging conjunctivitis. I got a shot, have to have ointment in my eye twice a day for a week, and have to wear the cone of shame when unsupervised. If all goes well, I'll lose the cone today, or tomorrow at the latest, so at least I'm thankful for that, and my eye feels a lot better already.

Here are a couple of cone pics:



On the plus side, Queen Tama hasn't been hissing at me, and my pal Ollie is always there to provide moral support.


And when I sit on #1 lap in the evenings, she removes the cone!

So, it's the usual drill. We won't be posting over the weekend, and hope to be back next Monday. #1 will be off with the big horses this time.


13 comments:

  1. I hope your eye continues to heal well, Benny. Maybe Tama isn't hissing at you because she is too busy laughing at you in your cone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we send lots of potp to you all and we hope your number one has a good time and she is back with you soon... and with lots of gifts for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope you keep feeling better and better, Benny! It's no fun to have to wear the cone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woe is me is indeed the right words.. so sorry you have been minute your #1 for so long and that your eye had a problem... glad the drugs work and hope today is the day you lose the cone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Benny, we're glad to see that your eye has been diagnosed but we are sorry that you have to put up with the cone. You'll be a good kitty and take your medicine I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, #1 is now a temporary resident at your cottage?

    Sorry about your eye ordeal - but you do have good fixers!

    H&K&W,
    Willow
    PeeEssWoo: Hi Ollie - take good care of Licorice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Benny. Hope you feel better soon. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlee: "Oh no, not the Cone of Shame! I had to wear one for a few weeks not long ago and it was quite possibly the longest few weeks of my life. Feel better soon!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better. Hope # 1's trip is successful and she is soon home to stay !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your poorly eye, Benny. We hope #1 has a good time while she's away, but we're sure she will be missing you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a series of unfortunate events. I hope Mommy comes home soon and your eyes are better

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Benny! You poor guy! I hope your eye is better. And that #1 stays put soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually, Benny...you look rather fetching in that cone. Glad it'll come off soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.