Wednesday 18 September 2024

Wordy Wednesday

 

Tama-Chan: Hello, Everyone. It's me, Tama-Chan again! You remember how I mentioned yesterday that I hadn't been feeling great? Well, I then stopped eating and #1 packed me off to the vet without so much as a "by your leave"! Our vet, Dr. C is on vacation this week and so we saw the vet who is replacing her, and who turned out to be very thorough. She palpated me and thoughts my stomach felt a bit hard, so she did an ultrasound which immediately showed up a tumour in my liver. Eeek! That's no good. No good at all! I had had a wellness check with blood panel in May so she asked #1 if it would be OK to do another liver specific blood panel to see how I was reacting to this intrusion. Well, the results were once again... perfect! So, whatever this is, I am fighting it off quite well for now, except for the ...ahem... output issues I had been having. So, the vet put me on a much higher dose of prednisone for a while and she was able to give me an injection that will last two weeks! I also have to take a food supplement and #1 has to adjust my food to stuff that is highly digestible. I'll go back and see Dr. C in a couple of weeks to see how all that is working for me. In the meantime, I would appreciate any purrs you could send my way, as well as any advice from anyone who has had to deal with liver tumours (at this stage, we don't if it's benign or malignant). I have to tell you that I was good as a gold the whole time there and the vet and assistants thought I was just lovely. #1 remembered to take a few pics. whilst blood was being drawn




I have no idea where we will be going with this, but I know how much my #1 loves me and that she will take care of me in any way she can. Sadly, she is going to be away the next three weekends on various commitments, starting with a quick trip to England Friday to Monday for a 50th reunion at her Oxford college. Mr. G will of course take excellent care of me in the interim. She feels really bad about leaving me but I told her she must go as this is important and she has had a pretty hard time of late and needs a break. Thank you all for your support.


25 comments:

  1. potp and good vibes to you... we are sure your vet has a magic potion to help you out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear this ,Tama. It sounds like we are having to do similar things apart from me having chemotherapy for the last 3 months. (Next round starts again tomorrow). I have output issues too and have to eat easily digestible food, and have prescription shake and soup supplements to boost my vitamins and minerals. I saw my oncologist a week ago Monday for the results of my latest CT scan and there is a very brief update on last Friday's post. I wish you the very best and hope the tumour is benign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear this Tama Chan, hugs and love coming your way and we know a break will be good for #1 and that Mr G takes super care of you.. sending a ton of POTP

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are both being very brave, and we know that you are in the best hands ever with #1, your doctors and dear Mr G. We send lots of purrs your way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending purrrrrs and prayers for Tama Chan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Tama-Chan, you are a brave girl. We do send our prayers and purrs for you and #1. We wish her safe travels and quick return to you and the others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no sweet Tama. We are all sending tons of purrs and prayers to you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no sweet Tama. We are all sending tons of purrs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh tama, sending lotz ov purrz to yoo and #1

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have our paws crossed and hope the new meds and food will help you feel better, Tama-Chan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tama I'm so very sorry to read that you have been feeling poorly. #1 was quick to act. Sending lots of purrs to you sweet Tama and to #1 as I know how worried she is. Mr. G will surely take good care of you too
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tama, wishing you all the very best for the coming period!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  13. We send you lots of SpanielZen and positive and healing vibes, Tama.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healing Heeler vibes heading across The Pond...we wish #1 safe travels and a pensive time with her Oxford pals
    H&K&W,
    Willow
    PeeEssWoo: Hey Ollie...give #1 some Springer spunk for us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots and lots of Sibe vibes headed your way, Tama. You are a very brave warrior, and we know you will fight hard. We hope the treatment plan works and the tumor is benign. We know you are in good hands with your vets, #1, and Mr. G. Do keep us updated, and we hope #1 can relax some and enjoy her trips.

    Woos - Misty and Timber, and Mom too

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, dear...we are sending you our bestest POTP, Tama Chan, and we pawray that all the care you are receiving will be helpful. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Tama - we send you love and purrayers. We haven't had much experience with liver problems in our kitties, but milk thistle extract (a liquid) helped our Sallie Cookie. We know your Mom will check with your vet about this first .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tama Chan, I am so sorry that you are going through this. And #1 as well for she loves you very much. I am sending POTW and a lot pf love right to you. I will remember you each day. XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear this news. Hoping treatment can bring about a good positive outcome. Very best wishes.
    Jan M, Angel-Milo, and Alfie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We at Dash Kitten are sending our best love and hopes that you will be OK.

    Marjorie and Toulouse
    DashKitten.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Charlee: "We are very sorry to hear about this, Tama-Chan!"
    Chaplin: "We send lots of purrs your way that you get a good report on the tumor!"
    Lulu: "And we dogs send lots of tail wags!"

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am saying lot of prayers for you. If anyone can kick what ails you butt it is you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brave, beautiful girl. Our prayers are with you. Love Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.