Friday 26 May 2023

Vidock & Co. Vendredi

 

Vidock: Handsome neighs, EveryFriend! The Big V here! #1 came to see us yesterday. It had been so long and she felt guilty so we got an entire big bag of carrots plus apples!!!

I have some big news to announce! #1 got me a summer job! This is what happened. A friend rang her up who had lost one of his Percheron mares recently quite unexpectedly. He was desperate to find a stopgap horse because he does carriage rides in the beautiful seaside village of Honfleur in Normandy, out of a five-star world famous hotel. He also does really fancy weddings with beautiful carriages. Anyneigh, #1 mentioned that I had been twiddling my hooves doing nothing much for several years but I might be good for the job, and he agreed! So, he is coming to get me next Wednesday to take me first to his place where he will putt me back to work and introduce me to the mare I would be working with (the carriages are pulled by two horses) and see how we get on. Once everything is fine, I will be moved  to the hotel grounds where the horse boxes are ginormous! The work schedule is five days on followed by seven days off. Sounds good to me. You can see the hotel website about the carriage rides here. We are all very excited. It's about a two hour drive from Poupounette Central and #1 has promised to come and see me, and my new boss has promised her a free ride around Honfleur with moi!


This is the carriage that is used for weddings!


I haven't told Heloise yet because I know she will miss me lots, but a boy's gotta earn a living, right?


As for Miss Violette, I suspect she is busy calculating how many more carrots and apples she will get with me away...


Mr. B, whose place I am going to, has promised #1 lots of photos, so you'll be able to follow my progress.


15 comments:

  1. so happy for you, and will be eagely awaiting the photos. the carriage and horses are so beautiful and you will fit perfectly in front of the carriage. have fun, make lots of money and send lots of pics to us....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations big boy!! You will be a hit for sure! We look forward to the photos. Also great to hear that #1 came for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, Big V! We imagine you will have lots of fun and look forward to pictures. How nice, too, that #1 can visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh you will spend the summer in honfleur? how great!! we love lov love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We know you will do a great job, Vidock. The ladies left at home will miss you, but will no doubt enjoy the extra treats. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lulu: "It's good to have a job! I know everyone at Honfleur will love you!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vidock, you'll be in the wedding photos of hundreds of people; how cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you going to save up for with your $ummer job 'green paper$'?

    We'll be looking forward to seeing more!

    H&K&W,
    Willow & Phyll
    PeeEssWoo: Hi Ollie - hope you enjoy your run with MrG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is very exciting news to spend your summer in Honfleur for you and for #1. I look forward to seeing photos when you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very VERY exciting Vidock. I can't wait for you to get there and start your new job. And I am just so looking forward to seeing you doing your job. You might as well be planning to get a mare of your vey own and use your earned money to keep you both in fine fettle! That is a beautiful carriage. I would love to see my mom in it but...no one has recently asked for her hand...so...Mom and I will content ourselves seeing YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big V, I can't think of anyone better that we'd love to take a carriage ride with than you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow ! What a great summer job Big V !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it is an example of things working out as they were meant to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mee-yow Vidock yore marveeluss!! Wee hope efurry thing werkss out an you have a fine time beein a carriage horse!! An yes pleese! Wee want fotoss; fore sure....
    **nose kissess** BellaDharma an {{{huggiess}}} BellaSita Mum

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.