Saturday 6 May 2023

Santé (Health) Saturday

 

Hello everyone, #1 here. I thought I would give you a littler update from home away from home at the Clinique du Pré, in the beautiful city of Le Mans.

I have a lovely room all to myself:


It is very light and airy, and looks east so when the weather is nice, I can enjoy a beautiful sunrise!



The surgery (anterior approach hip replacement) was minimally invasive and went very well. I did have a bad reaction to the anaesthetic cocktail and so was nauseous through early Friday morning, but then everything went back to normal, and I have been enjoying my meals:



The two presences I felt most around me during and just after surgery were:

Tommy:


And Hotesse:


Their sweet and gentle presence brought me great comfort.

PS: Needless to say, I shall be watching the coronation on my computer at the clinic!

11 comments:

  1. this is great news, thanks for the update. enjoy the crowning of the king.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the surgery went well. It was good you felt the presence of Tommy and Hotesse to help you through that stressful time. I am sorry the anaesthetic made you sick. The first time I had GA I was also very sick for several hours. When I went for my hysterectomy I told them and they gave me an injection beforehand which prevented it that time. It was put on my records in bold red so they know every time to give it. I am sorry I don't know what it was, but you could ask your doctor to put it in your records in case you have to have another GA at some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear #1, it is wonderful how well you are doing. The miracle of medicine, but also the miracle of our beloved pets, past and present. They make life fuller in every way. Hope you get to go home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to read the you are being treated well, and have good snacks too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear mostly all went well for the surgery. My mom had an anterior hip replacement (on both hips...not at the same time), and all went smoothly for her and her recovery. How lovely to have a private room and such a spacious one too. All paws are crossed that all goes well for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the surgery went well inspite of the anesthesia issue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so happy all is well and that the special Angels were watching over you. We got up early and watched the Royal festivities too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are on the road to recovery !

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far, so good, we will keep the prayers going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are in our prayers. Knew Tommy would be there in presence. Unexplainably, thought Trav would be watching out for you, a little more distant but a very strong presence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lulu: "That seems like an excellent room, #1. What a great view from your window! And our Dada says your hospital meals look a little nicer than the meals he got when he was in the hospital here ..."
    Java Bean: "We send lots of tail wags for your continued recovery!"
    Charlee: "And we Hipsters and Oona send purrs!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.