Tuesday 24 January 2017

Tama-Chan Tuesday


Tama-Chan: Well, Dear Friends, you know what it's like around here. Never a dull moment. It was my turn to give #1 a little scare over the weekend. Since my "issues" started, I have been on Benazepril and a diuretic. The diuretic started out at a high dosage of one and a quarter pills a day, but as the Benazepril started to kick in, Dr. C told #1 to very gradually reduce the dosage. So, we went from the original dosage to one pill, then three quarters, then half, and everything went very well. Last Thursday, #1 reduced the daily dosage to a quarter pill and on Sunday, she heard me coughing for the first time in weeks. She immediately re-upped to half and discussed with Dr. C who said she had done the right thing and to keep me on that for one or two more weeks before making another attempt to reduce the dosage further. Apparently, the best thing would be to wean me off the diuretics altogether, but we don't yet know whether that will be in the cards for me. #1 says we have to take it one day at a time.

In the meantime, I have been enjoying the sunpuddles. Here I am in one of the hammicks, posing with my favourite brush:


On the living room sofa:
 

Dreaming about Valentine's Day, although nobody has asked me yet...


Enjoying a nap with that Beebsy son of mine:


And since this is Toesday, I thought I would finish off with one showing my coffee bean toesies:

 

16 comments:

  1. You're right Tama, that was a scare.
    We purr you will be able to get off your medications,
    but if not,that is OK too.
    As long as you feel good.
    We really like your coffee bean toes:)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad #1 and the vet are both working on your meds, Tama, and I'm sending purrs that the weaning off of them goes more smoothly now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope that your meds will get smaller and smaller Tama and let you keep an eye on your siblings. It seems there's always something to be done and we are purring for you to be able to snuggle comfortably on your sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see Tama furs in the brushie! I hope you are off that medicine all together Tama-Chan. I don;t ever want you or any of the fur family ill. Lotsa luvs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I send hugs and potp to you... and I hope all issues are gone with the snow and melt away soon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. we hope you can get off them, but if the meds are helping, that is what counts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes. We are sending you lots of healing vibes. Just relax in the sun
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  8. We sure hope all gets back to normal for you soon sweet Tama. You sure look pretty in your sunpuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad #1 keeps very close eye on you. I hope you can slowly and gradually reduce dosage again. Sending purrs your way, Tama-Chan. Enjoy sunshine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're glad #1 knew what to do, Tama ! We hope you can need less and less meds soon. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, we hope the meds keep that cough away. No more scares for #1. You may be coughing but you are still looking very beautiful to us.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so lucky to have some nice sunshine to lay in. We are keeping our paws crossed that your medication continues to work well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're glad #1 has your back Tama and we know your meds will go down with her careful monitoring. Its good to see you enjoying your sunpuddles. We have had continuous rain the last 2 days here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coucou Tama,
    C'est une bonne idée de ne pas être pressée avec les médicaments. Il faut trouver la bonne dose tout doucement. C'est super important un coeur bien portant.
    Je vois que tu as récupéré du soleil. Ca aussi c'est important.
    Je suis sure que tu vas trouvé un Valentin .. !
    Ronrons
    Loustiquette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tama! Yous is a total golden grrl! Wes is so lucky our people's knows us so well that they can tells when wes not 100%
    Your #1 sure takes excellent care of all of yous.
    Mes remembers yous all in my puuayers.
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.