Saturday 13 February 2016

Sprung on Saturday


Genji: Hello everyone! It's me, GENJI! First of all, I have to tell you that we are all overwhelmed by the purrs, love, support and kindness that have been shown to us ever since the news broke about my being unwell. So many people left comments on our blog yesterday, in addition to our FaceBook friends. And a special thank you to Ann of Zoolatry who spread the news through the Cat Blogosphere. We consider ourselves to be very, very lucky to be surrounded by such a wonderful and supportive community.

OK, now for actual news. I AM HOME! Dr. C called #1 mid-afternoon yesterday and told her that, even though I had not made spectacular progress, I was stable and she felt that being at the clinic was stressing me out. Her hope was that, by coming home, I would feel more comfortable and start to feel better and eat. So, she asked #1 to come and get me, and #1 was there within the hour (it's a 45 minute drive).

Now, I am not out of the woods yet. Dr. C told #1 that things could go in either of two directions. I could either come home, start eating properly (a very low fat diet initially) and put back on some of the weight I have lost, supporting the theory that the pancreatitis is at fact, and is unrelated to the positive FeCV test. Or, I could continue to not eat and lose weight, and start on the slippery slope that is FIP, which would not be a good thing at all. The coming days and weeks will be crucial. She left the catheter in my vein because my veins are not easy and she did not want to subject me to any more poking than strictly necessary in case I have to go back on a drip. #1 is supposed to call her by the end of the morning today to give her an update.

Boy, was I happy to be home!!! #1 had stopped at the store on her way to get me and bought some chicken, and she baked it in the oven as soon as we got home. I wolfed down one dish and about half of a second, and I didn't throw anything up! Later in the evening, she gave me some servings of ham as well, as she ate her dinner (Dr. C had told her she could do so). So, #1 was very pleased with me.

I spent the rest of the evening doing important stuff, such as hanging out with my bro, Da Beebs, in the kitchen:


Sitting next to #1 in the study as she updated my news on FaceBook:


Hanging out with my bro, Tommy, who welcome me home with open paws:


Catching up on snuggling with my #1:


And getting myself all spruced up after my ordeal:


I know I have already asked a lot of all of you, but could I possibly ask for your continuing purrs as I know they really help? #1 will continue to cook me fresh chicken for a while, hoping it will make me eat properly. She has also been given the go-ahead from Dr. C to give me the dehydrated pure chicken treats which are very yummy.

I am so happy to be back home, and I want to stay here for a long, long, LONG time!

26 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you are home, Genji! And eating!! I am purring lots for you to get better and get back the weight that you lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad you are eating as a cat should. There is nothing as wonderful as dehydrated chicken treats for us although Popps prefer the raw version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheering you on for a speedy recovery...
    big purrs from the Island Chans across the pond!
    Sami and Sama xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We thank God you are eating! This is wonderful news , sweetheart! We will be praying for you and that your recovery goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news that you are home and eating. Purrs will continue for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is such good news Genji. That is just terrific that you are eating now and we are so glad the vet sent you home and it worked. Sending tons more purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so glad to hear you are home. We will continue our healing and eat Genji eat purrs for you. We have our paws crossed you bounce back and enjoy many happy years with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news that you are home and eating Genji! We know the salve of being amongst your loving family will help you feel better much sooner. We will keep you in our thoughts and we will keep sending you and #1 our love.

    the critters in the cottage and Sophie XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Genji, we are so glad you are home again and be assured of our purrs and prayers for your recovery! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! We're very glad you are home and have a good appetite. We'll keep the purrs coming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. #1 is an excellent cat nurse. The vet told us that Toby could eat anything he wants (well, except maybe chocolate) as long as he eats while he was dealing with pancreatitis. So Genji, get some rest and eat. We are all sending you purrs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you are home, home is best. Now Genji you need to keep eating and sounds like so far, so good - keep it up!

    We'll keep the purrs going for you, and the other Chan too!

    Purrs,
    Mindy
    Moe
    Cookie
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coucou Genji,
    On est toutes super contentes de te voir dans ta maison.
    Pour guérir c'est mieux. C'est tellement stressant une cage de veto. Surtout pour nous les abys. On est des hyper sensibles.
    Surtout penses à ne pas trop manger à la fois. Sinon ça va pas aller. Il faut prendre le temps de guérir. Une pancréatite c'est sérieux.
    Je t'envoie plein de ronrons guérisseurs
    Ta cousine Hisia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Genji, welcome home. We feel that home is the best medicine. We hope you continue to improve . Keep eating that delicious chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Home is the best place for you Genji!
    We purr that it does wonders for you and all future tests bring good news!
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay ! We're so glad you're at home, Genji ! We keep purring for you, and hope you gain weight soon and feel better. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am happy you are back home, Genji. It is scary to be away from home, and now you are back with your family, everything will feel better. I am glad you are eating and hope you continue to do so. I will keep purring for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy that you are home and eating. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah! You're eating chicken and keeping it down! Genji I know you're so happy to be home. You've got #1, Da Beebs, and Tommy supporting you. You feel safe again. This is the environment you need to be in to continue getting better and stronger. I'm still praying for you. You are often on my mind and I'm sending you all my love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are glad you were able to come home. If one is sick, there is nowhere like home. Sometimes that isn't possible, but glad you didn't have to stay too long at the vet's. We are hopeful you will do better and stay with your family for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm running late but I sure have been thinking of you. We are all on duty sending purrs and prayers to you around the clock. We are so glad you're back home.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad to hear you are eating your chicken, Genji! Wonderful news and hope things continue to go well.

    We had a little terrier who had a very bad bout of pancreatitis but lived well for 10 years on homemade, cooked, skinned turkey breast with rice, veggies and supplements added. She could tolerate no oil or fat at all from the turkey but could corn oil I added to her food. I figure I baked over 140 turkey breasts for her in the 10 years - and it worked! Best wishes for you to be able to tolerate a good, lean diet, too!

    Many more prayers to you, Sweet Little Guy!

    Love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  23. You will always have my purrs for getting and being healthy. Hope all the yummy home cooked chick-hen makes you all better.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Genji we were so scared to read that you were ill. We aren't around much anymore, but wanted to stop and let you know that the POTP is coming strong from us!
    Marty and the Gang

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very happy to see you home and eating! We will continue with our power of the paws! Sending good thoughts to you!

    The Painter Pack

    ReplyDelete
  26. Genji, we're sending you every last one of our most High Quality Healing Purrs - and crossing our paws for Pancreatitis (something we never thought we'd actually HOPE for, but in this case, YES!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.