Thursday 9 August 2018

Tama-Chan Thursday - Righting a Wrong!


Tama-Chan: You are wondering, are you not, why I have a second post just for me in one week? Well... #1's brain was clearly addled by the heat and, as a result, SHE FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY!!! I, the Queen of this house, celebrated my 10th birthday on August 2, and there was no appropriate feasting! So, here we are, one week later, trying to right that terrible wrong.

I told #1 to go way back in the photo archives and find this photo. It was taken in the months after the birth of my kits and I am wearing one of her bracelets as a collar. Dear Friends, it was just so perfect for me in every way! Platinum, diamonds, the lot!


Can you see how it sparkled? Of course, in those days, I was not a free cat. There always seemed to be someone tugging at my leg...


Which brings me to this. On celebrating my 10th birthday, I thought I would look back on what was probably the greatest marking event of my life, the harbouring and care of my four kittens. It all started pleasantly enough with a tryst with the very handsome Boukhara:


A couple of months passed and I felt unusually large. 

  

I started to wonder what was going on, and then #1 got rather worried and I had to be whisked off to Dr. C's where they gave me something to make me sleep. And when I woke up...


Oh the SHOCK! You have no idea. I got as far away from those squirmy little things as I could.


But I eventually had to face reality:





Thankfully, after the first 8 weeks, I had help from Tommy!


It was quite an adventure and what remains of it here is that BEEBS of mine! Hah! Once upon a time, he was cute:


I do not know what happened to the other kits, Fuku-Chan, Gogo-Chan and my little girl, Hime-Chan. My breeder took them and we are no longer in touch with him. I hope they are all well.

That was it for me in terms of motherhood but #1 says it totally changed me, and it forged a deep, deep bond between me and her. Thank you, Dear Friends, for joining me for my moment of nostalgia.


18 comments:

  1. Oh happy belated Birthday to you!!!! that was so interesting to look back ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your story, Tama ! Happy belated Birthday ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see these pictures from the past. We know you were a pawsome mum and you are as sweet and beautiful today as you were then :)
    Happy Belated Birthday Tama!!!!
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Tama! And I loved you sharing your memory of raising your kittens... it reminded me of my mother, Bluesette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Queen Tama. We remember those days very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Tama-Chan, and I'm with you...I get as far away as babies and infants as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday Tama-Chan. That sure was a special time for you when you had your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that sweet post made up for missing your special day. Happy Birthday from all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday Tama. Great seeing you share the wonderful story of your life with your kittens. The photos are all so beautiful. We love seeing those little ones. Thanks for sharing the wonderful memories. Now it's time to go celebrate your birthday. Have fun.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Tama. No matter that it is late, just celebrate the whole month as your birthday feast.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated happy birthday, Tama. Such delightful photos of you with your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, beautiful Lady !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Happy Purrthday to you Tama-chan and kittens are what happens when you have a tryst!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday, Tama-Chan! We hope #1 is making it up to you in style for missing your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated Birthday to you Queen Tama and many happy returns of the day! We hope #1 showered you with love and treats, more than usual, to make up for missing your special day. Your kittens were so beautiful. We hope they are loved and cherished as much as you are.
    Baby Beebs...squeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday Tama-Chan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was truly a pleasure dear Tama Chan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am LATE! I can not believe I missed this last Thursday...wait...that was the morning I yakked up a magnificent hairball just as Mom's alarm went off. We were all dumped out of bed and the sheets went in the wash an we did N|OT read our furrend's posts that morning!
    Please forgive me...
    I shall sing the song!
    بسیاری از خواسته های خوب

    Many Good Wishes

    تولد تولد تولدت مبارک
    تولد تولد تولدت مبارک
    بیا شمع ها را فوت کن
    که صد سال زنده باشی

    Mommy says I should give you the wishes in English...
    Birthday birthday, happy birthday
    come blow out the candles
    so that you will live 100 years

    --
    Purrrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.