Thursday 25 September 2008

"The Sock" and More Awards!

Tom: Before I move on to the subject at hand (or foot, maybe...?!), I would like to answer all the enquiries about how we did in terms of tidbits and leftovers at the dinner party last night. There were no actual leftovers (can you believe that?) but there was some sauce from the stew and #1 promised to mix it in with my lunch today. And I did get some slices of salami and cheese rinds. As for Sen-Chan, he was at one point seen with his entire head in a bowl of fresh farm cream...

So let me tell you about "The Sock." One of our visitors this summer was Auntie G whom I adore as she dispenses wonderful scratches with her (longer than #1's) fingernails. The day before she left, I snuck into her room and "confiscated" one of her socks as I wanted a keepsake. Since then, I have spent some time each day remembering how lovely it was to have Auntie G visit. Come back soon!



And just in case you thought it was only me...




Sen-Chan: Believe me, that cream was VERY GOOD!!!! Anyway, my delightful task today is to say thank you to the Black Cat crowd who gave us not one but TWO awards!

The first one we have received before but it is indeed a doubling (or more) pleasure to get it again!



The other is a new and very pretty one!


which we would like to pass on to the girls at T'Abby Normal, the gang at Cats P, and Gandalf and Grayson.

And, finally for today, #1 has asked me to tell you that we won't be blogging over the next couple of days as she is off to help at the National Percheron Championships. You'll probably get some huge horse photos when she's back on Sunday... Tom is going to stay with his friend Pie and I, ....sniff...., will be home alone with just the occasional food and cuddle visit from the neighbours. I HATE being alone. I NEED company! Are you listening, #1?????

13 comments:

  1. The sock is a good thophy!
    Congratulations for the awards
    ViVi & AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sock thief too! There's no better way to keep alive those memories of those you love than a stolen stinky sock. Tell #1 that I thank her for her compliments. My mom likes to call me her pretty puppy, but I prefer to think of myself as super manly.

    Tom, I hope you have grand times with your friend, Pie. Sen-Chan, I'm sure you'll get lots of visitors while #1 and Tom are away and at least you'll get to have a lot of undisturbed nap time. Naps are always a great thing. I hope #1 has a fun time while she's away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow we can't wait to see the ginormous horsies!!!! We'll have trouble without you two but we know you'll fill us in when you get back.

    Kaze

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can always come to visit us Sen-Chan and Tom. My Mom's looking forward to seeing the horse pictures. I'm looking forward to hearing about all your adventures when your #1 is out.
    Bolo
    http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to see pictures of the big horsies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SenChan
    I'm sowwy you'll be left alone..I wish I could come stay wif you..but dweaming of that yummie cweam should help
    /that sock is a lovely keepsake..it's so nice to be weminded of those we love
    smoochie kisses
    ASTA

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have to steal socks because Mr. R has a habit of leaving them all around, anywhere a cat could want to find one. Isn't that generous of him?

    Thank you for the award!

    Sen-Chan, we are envious about the cream. Maybe we can sneak over while #1 is gone and have a cats-only party!

    Purrs,
    Abby & Stygia

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sock must smell sooooo good.

    Hope you both have a good time while your #1 is away and that she brings you back some good treats.

    Your friend,
    Niamh

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think your sock momento is very sweet. It's a shame you didn't make off with the pair so you wouldn't have to take turns sharing the one. Oh, boy! Horsies? We would love to see them, big or small!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that sock is a wonderful reminder of your auntie G. we love socks too. we have a small collection of mom's socks that we treasure.

    woofs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The "sock" is soooo cute. What a sweet thing to do. I hope she comes back to visit you soon!

    Congrats on your awards!!!!

    We can't wait to see the huge horse pics. The family here went to see a Clydesdale team competition. The horses were stunning but I wouldn't want to be a kitty near any of their big hooves!!

    Purrs Goldie

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sock is such a sweet keepsake. I can't wait to see the pictures of giant horsies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Sen and Tom,

    Check out my bloggie! I left you an award!

    Hugo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.