Thursday 26 July 2018

Tommy's Thankful Thursday


Tommy: Oh Boy! I have LOTS to be thankful for this Thursday! Yesterday morning, #1 and I left really early, without even having breakfast. We started off going to Ms. C's, where Violette lives, and we hung around there until a big lorry (truck) pulled up and The Big V came off! And then we left in a hurry and, next thing I knew I was at Dr. C's and feeling very, very sleepy...  Afterwards, #1 explained to me that I had several fatty lumps that had to be removed, especially one that was growing between the toes on my hind left foot. So, I had three different incisions!!!

By the time #1 came to collect me, around 5pm, this is what my left hind leg looked like:


The toe lump and one of the other lumps were on the same leg. The other (the biggest) lump was on my back, so I ended up looking like this:


Dr. C gave #1 a lampshade to bring home "in case of need" but so far, so good. as you can see above, I am wearing a soft bootie on my left hind foot and have been leaving it alone. That one is the trickiest one to heal. It must not get wet and needs to stay clean and bandaged until the stitches come out on August 4th.  We will go back to Dr. C's to get the bandage changed late Friday afternoon. #1 then leaves for a few days on Saturday, and so Mr. G will bring me in to get another bandage change next Monday or Tuesday. #1 will return next Wednesday. The absolute worst thing is that I am not allowed to play or jump until after the stitches come out.


Dr. C showed #1 the fatty lumps she removed. She said they were pretty gross. I am thankful that they are gone and that I will be able to run around again very soon! In the meantime, here is a pic of me and my pal, Noelle, taken yesterday morning, before the op:


Thanks for all the good thoughts you all sent my way. They really helped a lot!

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it went well and I hope you get good news on friday from your vet ;O)
    ...and the big V is back... that is so grrrreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad your ordeal is over though we suspect the recovery may be harder.
    Having to rest and keep your foot dry will slow you down some Tommy.
    We are happy that Vidock is safely home too :)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your surgery went well and those fatty lumps are gone. Keeping your foot dry won't be a problem in this hot weather, but not being able to play or jump around is a different matter.
    I am glad Vidock arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending lots of healing purrs to you, Tommy! I hope you are all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sure are glad that is over Tommy and you'll be romping again before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're glad to hear your procedures went well yesterday Tommy. Our paws are crossed that all goes well while you wait for your stitches to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw photos of The Big V being home again, and he looks great! Tommy, those lumpy things needed to go, so be quiet and heal up, and you'll be running like crazy through the field in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're glad everything went well for you, Tommy, and we are very happy to hear that Vidock came safely back home. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Do rest well mate, wishing you a speedy recovery,

    NukNuk

    ReplyDelete
  10. We’re so relieved to hear that all has gone well with your surgery, dear Tommy. Keeping that foot dry and clean is so important. It would be less difficult if the dressing was on the leg you lift but then again,it might place more stress on the wound. Keeping you in our prayers, sweet love.
    Welcome home Big V!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are so glad everything went well for you, Tommy, and that you are being patient about those stitches ! Is Big V glad to be home ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bummer on the restrictions and all the shavings, but glad that all went well for you, Tommy. Rest up and you will soon be out running again.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending healing purrs to you Tommy. Get better soonest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! Tommy! No running, no jumping, no playing,
    That must be awful!
    But I am sure it will be over before you know it! Sending you healing Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.