Friday 10 August 2012

Vidock and Violette Vendredi!


Vidock: Neigh everyone! I mentioned yesterday that I had some fun stuff to share with you. As I have been a bit of a lazy boy these past months, Mr. E put me back to work a few days ago so that I am in fine fettle for the stallion parade on August 15th. Here I am ready to rock and roll:


On Wednesday evening, #1 couldn't be there to watch me work but she heard that I rather misbehaved, even though it was clear I remembered my lessons perfectly from before. I just wanted to, ahem..,"horse around."

But Thursday evening, when I was taken out again, I was on my best behaviour and listened closely to Mr. E:


And next thing I knew, they came at me with a very strange contraption! Just look at me!!!


There I was, wondering when my very own cowboy (or cowgirl) was going to turn up, and look at what I ended up with on my back!


Friends, her name is Lucie and she is eleven years old! What about all those people who say that stallions are wild guys and unmanageable? We showed them!

And then yesterday, Lucie (who was so excited after she first rode me we thought she might actually burst) rode me again, and then she was followed by Lily who is one whole year older than her at twelve!


Wheeeeeeeee! Do you have any idea how much fun this is?

So are you wondering why there are no photos of #1 on my back yet? Well, it's apparently better to start "lightweight" which , ahem. is perhaps not quite the case with #1. But it will come SOON! And then the fun we will have!

Anyway, #1 took this photo as I was being led down to my shower and treats. Isn't it just the coolest?


And one more final thing: #1 was totally over the moon yesterday because her favourite dressage combo, Charlotte Dujardin and Valegro of Team GB, won the individual Gold medal in Dressage at the Olympics. Woo Hoo! Here they are on the left (darker horse) along with Laura Bertholsheimer and Mistral Hojris, also of team GB, who won Bronze:



Violette: Pretty neighs, everyone! Violette here! I am happy to say that I finished my meds yesterday and I am feeling a lot better!




As I have had a bit of a hard time of late, #1 and Ms. S have decided that I should have a real holiday, so I am going to be going outside to frolic in the sun for a few weeks before I go back to work. Now where's my suntan lotion (for the tip of my nose, you know!)?


Uuka: Were you wondering about me? I am doing really well! My new owner came to visit me this week and I will have a couple of photos to share on Sunday. In the meantime, here is just one of me working:


16 comments:

  1. I loved the dressage at the olympics....dancing horses!
    The shadow photo is great!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vidock it looks sooo cool when this tiny girl is sitting in your back :)
    And the shadow photo is soooo cool too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard lots of horsie weeeeeeeeeeeee's of delight!!!

    Thanks fur sharing those inkhredible pikhs AND experiences!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vidock please brush your mane before posiing for the photographer in future. What will #1 say!
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Vidock and Violette. We like horses and visit the horses in the fields and they come and talk to us. Actually, they snuffle our butts when we are trying to catch mice, but we know that they are just saying hello. One horse is nasty and chases us so we are not allowed in her field. Mum said something about chestnut mare and cantankerous. We were wondering how old you both are and how high you stand. You are both handsome/beautiful.
    Purrs E&F

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was nice visiting with you horses! I am happy to hear you are feeling better, Violette, and I am impressed that you worked so well with the girls, Vidock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are all beautiful. Vidock what special little cowgirls you had. Bet it was fun
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Violette! I am so glad that you are done with your meds. And Vidock, what fun you appear to be having!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Vidock! A saddle and rider! What a wonderful boy you are! We're so proud of you.
    You kow, you can't be expected to be perfect all of the time; our beans certainly aren't. We need to have our moods and time for fun too!
    Violette, dear, some relaxation in the sun will help you to recover. Feel fine again, lovely girl.
    Hello dear Uuka! Handsome boy, you are. We'll be so sad when you leave. Kisses and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great pictures of Vidock with his tiny riders. Those girls must be very brave to be so high up on you. Glad to hear Violette is doing better too.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What happy horses you all are! Have fun working!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vidock, you are the handsomest horse I have ever seen! And you looked like such a gentleman with that tiny girl on your back!

    And Violette, I'm SO glad you're feeling better. You deserve a very happy life! I'm glad you're going to get to enjoy the sun.

    Last but definitely not least, Uuka is SUCH a gorgeous boy! I cannot BELIEVE that other silly woman thought there was anything wrong with your behavior -- just look at how good you are for people who LOVE you and treat you right! I know you're going to be a STAR when you join your new human!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vidock, we can't wait to see # on you! Violette, we're so glad you are feeling better and will be able to enjoy some sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to know everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bless you all, and your VIP #1, too!!! Such wonderful news coming from you all this week!!!
    Vidock - I am SO proud of you and I know #1 had to be simply beaming, too, seeing you with those precious young ladies up there on your back!!
    Violette - so happy to hear you are feeling better, too, and I know you will so enjoy that wonderful sunshine!!
    Dearest Tommy - so wonderful honey to see you in perfect form again and no more bandage!!
    Urie - Big horsie hugs and blessings for your upcoming new endeavors.
    Make that big horsie hugs, plus hugs for Tommy, and kitty kisses for the precious kit-kats, too, from me!!
    Your #1 is oh so special to have you, but we know she already knows that :)!!
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.