Friday 3 August 2012

Flying Friday and Violette Vendredi


Tom: Hi everyone, Tommy here! It's been a week since I had my little foot operation and I am doing MUCH better. This morning, #1 and I went for our first "proper" walk since I got sick and look:






#1 soon put a stop to my running as she said we still had to be careful, but it felt so good to be back in action!!! I still have to have my bandage on until at least August 7th.


Violette: Pretty Neighs, everyone, or maybe I should say "Smelly Neighs", sniff.... As you know, I am taking a whole battery of drugs for my bronchitis, and one of them is something called DMSO and it STINKS, and it makes me smell bad. #1 tells me it's the sulphur in it. Yuk! Thankfully, she still comes to give me lots of cuddles and doesn't seem to mind too much. The whole treatment is pretty heavy and is making me really tired, so I'm not up to much, other than taking my meds and working hard to get better.

I do have to tell you about something a little bit fun, though. Because the DMSO stuff smells so disgusting, Mr. E and Ms. S mix it in with something else before they syringe it into my mouth. Ever seen one of these bottles?


Yep, it is the French national drink, Pastis (aniseed flavored). So, I get to take an apéritif along with my meds! It does make it a little more palatable.

You will understand that I am not looking my best at the moment, so this is the best I can do for you in terms of photos:


My treatment lasts one more week, so may I ask you to cross some more paws and hooves for me, so that it works really well, and I can get back to being a happy and healthy girl?

17 comments:

  1. Well YAY for Tommy, but BOO for Violette. Is that stuff like licorice flavor? I use anise for baking and it has a licorice scent and flavor.

    Wishing everyone a lovely weekend at PC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Tommy!

    It is soooo nice to see woo feeling better!

    Of khourse, my paws are khrossed fur Violette as well!

    Cheers ;-) !

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Tommy!! We are so glad that you can run a bit now and that you are putting weight on your paw. It must feel great even though you are still under doctors orders. Poor Violette to have to take such nasty meds. We hope to see her feeling better soon.

    Your friends,
    Niamh & Ambrose

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope you don't get arrested for being tipsy Violette - we would hate to see you name in the newspapers!
    We so pleased to see you are running a little now Tommy and your paw is getting better.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tommy! We are so glad that you're feeling better! Running is fun!

    Violette, you're beautiful no matter what. We are purring and purraying for you to feel lots better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you beautiful girl..I am so glad you have been doing better and soon this will end. Ypu look just as pretty as you always did. Nasty old bronchitis cannot vanquish your stellar looks, my dear.

    Tommy..look at you run! Cheers and loves to you. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. An aperitif sounds so civilized when being medicated. I shall have to ask for one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paws up for Tommy feeling so much better! Now it's time to turn some purrs your way, Violette - tho' I have to say having an aperitif with your medicine sounds pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hip Hip Hooray for Tommy!!! But #1 is right, don't overdo it now - best to let things mend really well.

    Violette, never mind about the smell, the important thing is to get better, and nothing beats adding a little aperitif to the mix:)

    Hope you all have a great weekend.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to hear you are doing well Timmy
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to keep purring for you until you are all better. You are my first horsey friend, and I don't want to lose you. purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are in our prayers and purrs for as long as you need them, sweetest Violette. You know sometimes our beans, with their lotions and potions, ointments and unguents, don't smell too good to us either. Our mum finally bought a bottle of Serge Lutyens perfume she dearly wanted but when she wears it we sneeze! Don't worry dear you are always gorgeous!
    Nice to see you on you feet again, Tommy! Do take it easy. You've only got a few days left before the bandage can come off! Kisses and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Violette, we are purring for you and can't wait until your treatment is over and you are feeling better!

    Tommy...we love seeing you fly again!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for Tommy beginning to move better and Violette, you do have our healing purrs headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tommy! My hairy slobbery sisters are doing the HAPPY DANCE because you are feeling better!
    And Violette you get to take your medicine with that stuff! You are one lucky horse!
    Boy, I did not realize how much fun Nellie has when she visits everybody!
    Kozmo at the Cat From Hell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tommy! It is great to see you back in action and feeling grand. Do be mindful to take it easy, though, OK?

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.