Friday 22 December 2017

Violette Vendredi


Violette: Pretty Neighs, Everyone? How have you all been? I have been in what the humans rather oddly call "the doghouse." Why, you ask yourselves? Well, last week, when the farrier came to give me my  bimonthly pedi, I decided I didn't want it. A girl can have moods, don't you think? They tried to come and get me and I have to confess that I was a little ... abrupt... in telling them I did NOT want to go (#1 here. I was not there, unfortunately, but Violette actually charged the two guys who went int to get her...). Well, #1 has decided that I also need a "refresher course in good manners" and so I shall be going off to school myself in late January. I will be going to the home of a very nice lady, Ms. C, who is apparently used to working with "moody mares as she calls them (rude, don't you think?).

In the meantime, all the Arabian girls have been removed to a different field so I am now in mine with just Manou, the other Percheron girl. #1 has been coming to see me regularly with my treats (that I have been sharing nicely with Manou). She also took this rather fetching portrait of me:


In other news, it was a big day for my little sister Heloise, yesterday.  She got her first shots and was also microchipped by the vet who carried out a full ID on her so that she can be properly registered in the national French equine database and the Percheron stud book. Welcome to the grown-up world, Heloise, even if you ARE still a baby!


9 comments:

  1. Violette! I had no idea you were a naughty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violette, it sounds like you are a spirited girl!
    It was nice of you to share your goodies though.
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see you beautiful Violette! Hey, if you don't want a pedi then so be it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A horse has to do what a horse MUST do, Violette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violette we understand you. If your last experience was painful or people treated you roughly you are going to try to avoid the person or situation that upset you. Our beans find certain doctors less than acceptable when treating them, we animals feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're surprised, Violette : do you play the naughty girl because Vidock is too far away for playing the naughty boy from time to time and keep the humans on their toes ? Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were wondering the same thing about you, Violette - are you missing Vidock? We are hoping that maybe you just had an "off" day and a little bit of a refresher will make you just fine again.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! Moody Mares! Mommy say she remembers them well! I am sure that you, Violette, will be a fast learner and the next time you need a manicure, you will not charge anyone. Though I must admit, that I, marvelous tried to bite when Mom tried to tip my claws before we got company...
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  9. J'ai un peu la même question que les Swiss Cat... tu penses que ta #1 a absolument d'une vilaine bébête .. tu prends la place de Vidock ?
    C'est important le maréchal. Et c'est franchement très mal élevé de charger des humains !
    Ton portrait est magnifique ... !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.