Friday 24 November 2017

Vidock Vendredi - New Horizons!


Vidock: Studly Neighs, EveryFriend! You remember that I mentioned some time ago that there would be a big new adventure for me to embark on? Well, the time has come. Tomorrow, I am going to England! I hear that England has really excellent schools and #1 decided it would be great for me to round out my education across the channel.

I will be going for an initial period of 8-9 months to Harbridge Farm in Hampshire. Harbridge is the home of Sampson Percheron Horse, the absolute best Percheron breeders and trainers in England. You can read about Robert Sampson and the amazing work he does here and here. Robert and Barbara Sampson are very good friends of #1's and they agreed to take me for a while so I could learn to work on a farm. I will also be driven, and #1 is planning to use this opportunity to come over and learn to drive (me)! I may even get to make a few little Vidocks, if you get my drift... I will be working with lots of other horses, every day. I have been a little bored here so #1 says she hopes it will make me really happy. She plans to come over and visit me as often as she can, and there will be photos and videos of me she will be able to share.

So, EveryFriend, I neigh for your continued support as I embark on this big new adventure. I have to tell you that, the other day, Violette managed to break through her barriers so she could come over to the field next to mine and wish me good luck. Wasn't that nice of her?

Needless to say, any of our friends in the UK are most welcome to come and visit me! I will also hopefully be taking part in the British Percheron Horse Society's centenary celebrations next June 1 and 2, at the Weald and Downland Museum.




18 comments:

  1. oh that's like going to oxford or cambridge rigth? I guessed it that you will be famous soon and I wish you all the good luck on the other side of the channel... I will miss ya and I wish we could go with you...it's the greatest dream of the mama...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Vidock! Good luck on your new endeavor, and I hope you learn lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vidock, this sounds like a pawsome adventure for you! We are sure you will have fun too :)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure will be an adventure Vidock. We know you will be in good hands because #1 would never hand you over to just anyone. Good luck and we can't wait to see how you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vidock, that sounds like a great adventure for you. We are sure you will graduate summa cum laude!!! How sweet of Violette to come to visit you. She is going to miss you, as will #1. Safe travels.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ca c'est une sacrée aventure Vidock.
    C'est un peu comme si tu allais dans une grande école !
    J'espère que ta #1 ne va pas trop te manquer ... et vice versa d'ailleurs.
    C'est gentil de la part de Violette d'être venue te dire au revoir.
    Bon voyage
    Nat à Chat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bon voyage et Bon séjour Vidock ! Je suis certaine que tu vas prendre bien du plaisir à travailler et apprendre avec tes nouveaux amis ! A bientôt !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a big adventure!! Wishing you safe travels and fun learning. Looking forward to hearing about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Vidock...I will truly miss you! You will miss us and #1!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Vidock. that sounds like an exciting adventure. Bet you will like all that attention you are going to get. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Vidock, this is so exciting! It’s very sweet of Violette to break through barriers to wish you good luck :-) And we wish you a good luck on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting for you Vidock, and for #1. We pass that way when we cruise from Southampton so I hope we may be able to visit you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great news Vidock. New adventures and new stuff to learn. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting for you Vidock! You know how much we're going to miss you? Lots and lots pal, but we'll sure be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Vidock! What wonderful news! You are a work horse and not working must be rather boring...but now...you will have new goals and new furrends. How furry exciting!
    We can't wait to read about your new adventures.
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that is a big adventure. Hope you learn lots and will be nice to see baby V's at some point. Although, maybe Violette would like to have a baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vidock, the place you are going looks lovely! Quite the adventure ahead of you. Our mum doesn’t know much about horses. Do you get bored a lot? Will you use your farming skills or does increasing your skills bank show how smart and talented you are thus making you more desirable for breeding? Little Vidock would be rather wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How exciting ! What an adventure ! It's as if you were a student doing the Erasmus cursus, right ? Good luck, Vidock ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.