Monday 8 October 2018

Manly Monday - The Big V's 8th Gotcha Day!


Vidock: Handsome Neighs, EveryFriend! Actually, my Gotcha Day is not until tomorrow, but we thought we would celebrate all week. Eights years ago, I met #1 for the first time and since that day, I have known nothing but love and the best of care. Here we are shortly after she bought me:


I was just 17 months old. 

Here we are again four years later, in 2014:


And here we are a few days ago:


As you can see, I am getting whiter and whiter. This is standard with grey Percherons who are born black and go dappled and then white with the years. As you can see, #1 has been growing through a similar process! I stayed quite dappled for a lot longer than Miss Violette, for example, but I am now getting quite grey. But no less handsome!

I have been a lucky boy as so many horses lead harsh lives. Ever since my, ahem, surgery last February when I had my "bits" removed, I have become super-sweet as the testosterone no longer rules my every moment! I am really looking forward to the future!

18 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day to you!!!! we are so happy that you found your #1 and your furever furmily !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy gotcha day, Vidock! It's really interesting how you guys change as the years pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha day. Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy gotcha day, Vidock! I atarted reading about your family because I love cats & dogs, but your stories are exciting and you are very sweet in your horsey way! I’m glad you are happier now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha Day Big V! It sure is interesting to see the older pictures of you and see how much your color has changed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gotcha Day, Vidock! You are gorgeous in any color. You are so lucky to have found # 1 :-) Enjoy your special week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyeux Gotcha Day Vidock.
    Tu as de la chance d'avoir rencontré la bonne personne. Ce n'est pas toujours évident.
    Je t'aimais bien avec ta couleur grise. Mais même en blanc tu es magnifique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotchaversary, Vidock! Your coloring is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Day to you Vidock. We know #1 would like to be with you to celebrate and are sure there will be something special for you on her return. Lots of love from us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy early Gotcha Day Vidock - you are getting more and more handsome each day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Gotcha Day Vidock ! (and many more) I know very little about horses (except to enjoy seeing them) so it was nice to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Gotcha Day, Big V! It was nice to see the photo of you as a not as big V.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Gotcha Day, Vidock. We find it hard to believe it has already been 8 years. And of course, we know you are a sweet boy! And a BIG one!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do not remember your Gottcha but my Mommy does. She has pictures of you when you were quite dark with Queen Penelope. And that she can not believe how white he has got!
    Mom says I should sing you the song...

    ♫♪♥♥♥♥♫♪Happy Gotcha Day to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Gotcha Day to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Gotcha Day Dear Vidock!!!!! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Gotcha Day to you! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  15. We can’t believe it’s been 8 years. Happy Gotcha Day, Vidock!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I thought I was late but I'm closer to being on time. Happy Birthday Vidock, you are just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Gotcha Day Vidock. I am glad you are becoming such a sweetie, plus you get such sweet care from #1.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Gotcha Day Vidock ! We're glad you found a great forever home with #1 and all your furry family ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.