Thursday 20 September 2018

Tommy Thursday


Tommy: Our outings these days are dictated by how brave #1 is feeling in terms of post-walk grooming. There are a lot of burrs out there and I manage to gather impressive quantities, especially on my ears and around my bib. It's a hard call to make!

I found another excellent stick!


There are some very fine sticks lying about at the moment as they have cut down many of the trees, especially hazelnut trees that make u the hedges along the road, to clear the electric cables ahead of putting in optical fibre.


#1's knee is better but she stil more slowly than me, especially when it is uphill!


And she keeps saying she wishes she could run like me! I do tire myself out so that when I get back home...


10 comments:

  1. We imagine it still takes a lot to tire you out Tommy ;)
    Purrs for #1's knee.
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic stick, Tommy! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have a lot of energy, Tommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a super stick... stick with it Tommy ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very long one, Tommy !
    I guess you tried to break a record ..tee...heh
    =^x^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those burrs! Horses manes and tails are magnets for them too. Eric used to come in covered in the small sticky green seed heads but only got the occasional burr. Flynn was much more careful. I am glad #1's knee is better although from experience I know it will never be 100% again. Being tired out after your run shows what a good time you had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tommy, years ago, our semi-friendly feral Hobo showed up with burrs all over his back! But nothing I could do would induce him to allow me to pull them off. I stared at him, and he just stared right back. The next day, all of the burrs were gone, and I can only think that other feral cats helped him out, because he wouldn't allow human touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Momster can no longer run at all, too hard on her back:( But we would love to run with you, Tommy.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.