Wednesday 8 August 2018

Way-Back Wednesday - Do You Remember?


#1 here. Cory's sudden leaving for the Bridge made us reflect on the old days of the Blogosphere and remember so many old and dear friends who either went to the Bridge or stopped blogging and disappeared. Nostalgia is all around and this post is to remember some of these wonderful kitties.

Among our early friends were The Daily Gs. Originally, it was just Gandalf and Grayson, but they were later joined by the utterly gorgeous rescue, Whitey, and little Gracie with the special paw:


Whitey was also of course Cory's boyfriend. After he went to the Bridge, the heart seemed to go out of blogging for Mom Barb and the blog gradually faded away. Today, the only trace of them is in some Flicker albums. We miss them.


And do you remember Angus Mhor, the amazing polydactyl tabby? He was such a character, but he too disappeared one day and we have not been able to find any trace of him. The only photo we could find is a tiny profile photo from his comments on our blog:


Angus was, if we remember correctly, the one who started the campaign to restore the parsley pot so rudely stolen from another blogging legend, Huffle Mawson. Huffle went to the Bridge in December 2012. Her housemate, Teddy Westlife, whom she referred to as "The Goon" still occasionally makes an appearance on Facebook. Here is Huffle in her famed parsley pot:


And how can we forget the adorable Ginger Jasper who graced the Blogosphere from late 2008 until his departure for the Bridge in August 2015? His Mom, Carol, is still on Facebook and it's lovely to have news of her.


Last but not least for today, we would lie to remember Mica, an amazing Abyssinian cat who blogged from New York City with his woofie bro, Petey, and lived till the grand old age of 20.  He was an inspiration to all of us!


These are just a very few of our early friends whom we miss very much. We will occasionally do more posts like this one, to keep alive the memory of those who are gone from the Blogosphere.

26 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories.
    We remember these kitties.
    With so many social media platforms it is hard to keep track.
    Due to time constraints, we stick to blogging and like it best.
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, most of these kitties were before my time. I think Sparkle knew a couple, but not all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memories ! We didn't know many of these kitties ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  4. that are sweet memories... we often thing about the time we started our blog... and we miss all who are no longer there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great memories. So many wonderful bloggers that are missed. So many smiles and so many tears shared. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Virginia, this post brought tears to my eyes. Yes, losing Whitey completely knocked the sails out of me. A quick update on the G's: I'm not sure you know, but I also lost Gandalf a few years ago at only 11 years old to pancreatic cancer. At the moment Grayson is about 17 and Gracie nearly 9 (how did THAT happen?!), but both are doing well. I remarried almost 4 years ago so I also now have Sarah, Boo Boo and Tucker, after losing Cosmo at 17 last year. Sarah has been battling Hyperthyroidism for several years and in May had a further blow, being diagnosed with kidney failure. They're all geriatric but all very much well-loved and happy and (mostly) healthy. Thank you for the sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to hear from you, Barb! Yes, I remember reading about Gandalf but so pleased that Grayson and Gracie are still with you, and with some additions too! There has been loss here too over the years, and now it's Tama, her son Bibi (Beebs) and little Genji, plus Tommy of course (he will be 11 in a couple of weeks!) and two Percheron horses.

      Delete
  7. What memories! They were all our blogging friends. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not know them but appreciate learning about them. Wonderful post

    ReplyDelete
  9. We wouldn't be blogging, if it weren't for some old friends who've left for The Bridge. We keep their memories alive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some great memories. Thanks for that write up. It is always good to remember all of our old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great memories! We loved all of these blogs.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! Nice to learn about those cat blogs who paved the way for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful post and we do remember just about all of those sweeties.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, the golden age of cat blogging. The were wonderful cats with amazing families.
    I knew most of them . I so loved Whitey and Ginger Jasper brought me his love and joy during a very difficult time- my mum’s slow death as I cared for her at home. My love for him is still strong. I have Jasper’s photo where I can see it every morning. The cats may pass, but the love we have for them never dies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember them all so well. Blogging was so different back then and we all made so many friends who have sadly now departed. You made me think of others who have gone before: Skeezix, MontyQ,Piney Wood Cats, Daisy Mae Maus and so many more.I mustn't forget Fat Eric either, as it was due to Kate that I started blogging 12 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet memories- it’s always sad when friends cross the rainbow bridge but we are grateful to have known them through blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have heard of some of these kitties but did not know any more than that. It is so good of you to post these memories so those of us who love all kitties can learn about them !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great memories of your friends some of which we knew too. It's sad when a blogging friend disappears but usually there are new friends to find too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My mum says she lost the will to blog after Huffle Mawson left us. I try to keep up a bit with the kitty news now but I spent most of my time trying to keep the stupid dog under my paw!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't amember these guys but mum says she does. Derby left us quick too. Kidney disease is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh...Mom got all teary...She remembers all those blogs.
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  22. We remember all these furiends. We miss them too. We heard that Angus Mohr passed away a number of years ago. So a

    ReplyDelete
  23. Being a 10 yr plus blogger we remember them all. And having done "images and headers" and such for so many, including I think ALL of these, my photo files are still full of their pictures! I always tell myself it's time to clean the files, but when I start to look thru them, I can never bear to hit the "delete" button, the great memories are there of these beautiful cats, their families and wonderful times. Thank you for sharing ... and YES: do more! (I can even email you tons of photos if you want!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! I am already figuring out who the next few will be. Remember Lishy?!

      Delete
  24. I loved seeing this as well. I loved many of these cats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.