Friday 23 March 2018

Violette Vendredi


Violette: Pretty Neighs, Everyone. Apparently, it is spring! Our clocks are springing forward this weekend in Europe and so there will be more daylight grazing time. I wish it would get a little warmer, though. It really has been quite chilly lately.

Anyneigh, I got my first new pair of shoes in a long time this week! The last time was in mid-October last year. Normally, we get to see the farrier every couple of months, and I have to confess hat it was my fault. You see, #1 arranged for the farrier to come in January and they couldn't catch me. I was simply not in the mood for shoes. But that sneaky farrier managed to find me and he turned up in my new home. Can you believe that?

I have to say I really, really needed his services. You know what it's like when your hoofs grow too long...


First I got a trim:


Then my new shoes were fitted (I am only shod at the front):


A last bit of rasping...


And voila! Beautifully shod feet!


And then I got my treat bucket!


I really can't recall why I didn't want my pedicure last time...

10 comments:

  1. Somedays, you just may not feel like doing something.
    Your new shoes look very nice as do your feet.
    Bet they feel better too :)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violette, maybe you are a little bit mischievous... like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a hoof-i-cure is a mighty fine thing.... now you are prepared for da first steps into spring (if it ever comes).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad to hear you were a good girl and got your pedicure done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are hoping it would get warmer, too.
    Looks like you were such a good girl while getting new shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you said, you were just not in the mood in January, Violette. We're glad you got your hoof-i-cure finally done, your new shoes are very pretty. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to see you pretty Violette and I'm glad the shoe thing went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mlle Violette c'est important d'avoir de bons pieds bien entretenus ! Il ne faut se sauver quand le maréchal vient !
    Je suis que tu dois te sentir beaucoup mieux avec des pieds tout neufs. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you were just having too much fun in the fields to be bothered with a pedicure:) We don't understand much about horses and hooves growing too long, but we are glad you got yours taken care of.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Violette, that was naughty of you not to let #1 catch you for the farrier in January! You look so much nicer with your new shoes instead of hanging on to your old ones that go clank clank when you walk. You look like you are a very good girl to be shod too so there is no excuse not to want it done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.