Friday 3 January 2014

Violette and Vidock Vendredi


Violette: Pretty Neighs, Dear Friends! I hardly know where to start… It has been two weeks since we had a dedicated post, and so much has happened since then. The most important thing, of course, is that I have moved again and am now in the same place as Vidock. Our reunion was sweet and there was much neighing on both sides! #1 just couldn't take seeing all that mud anymore, plus she calculated how much she was spending in gas, driving the half hour to see me several times a week. And the two of us being in different places was really hard on her. So, everything happened in a flash, and I moved to my new home on Monday. Mr. C, the nice gentleman from the new place, came to get me with #1 and his horse van. I am now living in a huge field with a bunch of pretty little Arab mares (Can you believe I had never seen a chestnut or bay horse before?) and one other Percheron mare. This is what my new digs look like:


In this next one, we are lined with a bunch of the girls, admiring Vidock at work in the school opposite, He has become quite a hunk!


Here I am yesterday, with #1 leading me out of the field for my grooming and treat session:


And getting brushed by #1!


And here I am with #1 and Mr. E (remember him? He is Vidock's breeder!) being measured. I am almost 17 hands high.


As we start The year of the Horse, I am thankful for all the good things in my life!


Vidock: Studly Neighs, EveryFriend!  Things have been going really well for me too, and I have to tell you, I was so pleased when I saw Violette get down from that horse van! There's nothing like old friends, especially when they're as pretty as Violette!

I did mention earlier this week that I got a hoof trim and new shoes on my front hooves. I have to say it's not a lot of fun to stand on three legs although I guess humans would find it even harder if one of theirs was yanked up like that! And the farrier was pretty sympatico.


I am continuing my lessons and doing great, and now, I get to go out to the woods almost every day. On the way back, I rinse the mud off my feet all on my own before we leave the woods!


Do I look dashing or what?!


Mr. E and Ms. S, my breeders, came to see me yesterday and they were amazed at how much I have grown and filled out. I think that, maybe, I am now bigger than either my dad, Orgueil, or my bro, Tom! I am around 17:3 hands.

Here is #1 putting the Chifney bit in my mouth before my going back to my field after working. The Chifney is a special bit used for taking stallions in hand. It can be quite severe, but I really like it and occasionally try to put it on by myself!


And then back in my field, enjoying my treat bucket of apples and carrots under #1's watchful eye. Don't worry, Violette did get a treat bucket too! So much to be thankful for!


A special thanks to Ms. S who took all the nice pics of us and #1.

21 comments:

  1. No more mud. THAT must be the best news Violette. You do look really handsome. Your new digs look really nice Violette and being close to Vidock is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thrilled to see you dry, Violette. We know little about horse care but that mud always bothered us. And it's so lovely to see family together again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so happy to see Miss V in her new home. You all (including #1) look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do look terrific and it looks like you are having a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is wonderful news - we are glad Violette is closer to #1 now and it will be easier for #1 to spend time with both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have been so excited to see #1
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Violette, you look so happy in your new home! And it is so great seeing both of you having such a nice time with #1! The year of the Horse is going to be YOUR year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're both gorgeous ! It's great to see you together at the same place, so nice for #1 too ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I LOVE seeing you to V's. LOVE seeing too how much you have grown and how gorgeous you both are. Vidock, for you, I mean in a studly way. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Violette tu fais plaisir à voir dans ton joli pré avec de l'herbe ! La boue c'est marrant pour se rouler, mais à la longue c'est franchement pas génial.
    Quant à Vidock .. quelle encolure ! Impressionnant.
    Ca donne quoi des mains en cm.... ?
    Bonne soirée.
    Nat à Chat

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so great seeing you both! And Violette, we're so happy you're at the same place as Vidock now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are so happy that #1 has both her V's in the same place! We're wondering, how is her knee?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mom would love to know how to find a place for some of us where we wouldn't have to get into the mud either:)

    You are both so beautiful, and now you are back together. What a great way to start the new year. the year of the horse.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the best New Year for you both to be close to each other, and so much easier for #1 as well.
    You must be so happy Violette to not be in all that horrible mud all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay that Violette and Vidock are in the same stable. Nice that they could say hello to each other. Plus less mud is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are so happy to see that you both are happy and doing well :)
    Happy New Year!
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure,Tiger and JJ
    and Angel Tillie

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are so hap-hap-happy that you two gorgeous Vs are together again!

    Great pics of all of you. Have a wonderful weekend.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh Concatulations on your move! We know you Vs must be so very happy together!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so handsome, Vidock! It sounds like your new home is great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice to see that Violette have moved to the same place as Viddock :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh nevermind! This answered my question about the Chifney bit. I kind of figured that's what it was. I didn't know you guys didn't use stud chains like they use over here. :) I'm reading your posts backwards getting caught up again, so sorry for any confusion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.