Friday 19 April 2013

Violette and Vidock Vendredi


Violette: Pretty Neighs, Dear Friends! We're back to Friday this week as those two naughty boys appropriated the Wednesday post with their shenanigans.

We have had much nicer weather recently and, as it gets warmer, we horsies start to shed our thick winter coats. It's a big to-do and it's pretty itchy and uncomfortable when it's happening, but guess what, kitties and woofies? I GOT FURMINATED!!! Last year, #1 herself an Equine Furminator and she is finally getting to try it out! I cannot even begin to tell you how great it felt to get a whole layer stripped off! Unfortunately, #1 forgot to take a picture of the ground strewn with my winter coat, but this is what I looked like afterwards!


She said she was sure there would be lots of happy birdies around because all that hair really looked like prime nest-making material! For comparison purposes, here is a photo of me before!


I look pretty woolly, don't I?

And here's another nice pic of me that #1 took a few days ago:




Vidock: Studly Neighs, Everyone! I got a serious grooming too, but I had a less thick winter coat, since I spend my nights indoors. So, it was just the American (metal) curry-comb for me. 

I have to tell you that I am feeling a little sorry for myself. You see there are several horses that have moved into the field behind mine but, however much I call to them, they all ignore me! 




Why don't they want to come over and talk to me?


It makes me a little but sad. But I know that #1 is always happy to talk with me and cover me in kisses!


By the way! Today being also Family Friday... #1 went to visit my daddy, Orgueil, the other day and took this photo:


Can you guess that he likes kisses too?

Have a Neighy Friday, Everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Violette, you DO look lovely and we can tell you feel great too :)
    Vidock, we are sorry those silly horsies do not come to talk to you. Maybe they will at some point when they see how handsome you are ;)
    Daddy Orgueil is quite handsome too :)
    Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
    Treasure,Tiger,JJ and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Vidock... I bet you and me would be best pals if I lived closer! You're a very handsome fella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Nothing beats a good grooming! I especially love that first photo of you, Violette! Of course, you're both stunning!

    Have a lovely day, everybuddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good grooming and you all look bootiful :) Big Kizzez xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look very pretty now you have been furminated Violette and we think you must feel much better too. Vidock just ignore those silly horses in the next field - they wouldn't know a friendly neigh if it bit them on their noses.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE what Hannah and Lucy said and I say the same! You and your Daddy share that pink nosy. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two look great after your grooming sessions. I bet it feels good to get all that extra hair out.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  8. you both look great. and we had no idea they made a furminator for horses.... cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Violette is so pretty. How awesome that there are furminators for horses!

    Vidock, I have no idea what is wrong with those horses who do not want to talk to you. I would totally hug and kiss you if I were there!

    And your father is pretty darn handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Violette, you look much better! We bet that felt great.

    We see from Vidock's daddy that the infamous pink nose spot is hereditary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Furminator is the best! I'm sure many birdies will appeciate your fur :-)
    Sorry Vidock, these horses are ignoring you. Maybe they are nervous? I hope you get to become friends some day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Violette, we guess that Furminator is your new best furiend. And we bet he local birds were thrilled with the new supply of nesting material.

    Vidock, you are looking very handsome too. We think you should keep going back to meet those neighboring horses. Once they come close enough, they will surely want to become best pals.

    Have a good weekend.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea they had Furminators for horses! How awesome for you two - I bet it felt great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yow Yow Violette & Vidock: You iz both lookin fine after yer brushin....me not know a Horsey cuud be furminated!!! Violette you are bery purrty n Vidock you iz so handsum...dat iz why da horsiez in da other field don't come over; dey iz jealuus of ya!! Dere loss...
    yer Pappy iz a BERY handsum horsey too...ya take after him ;)
    Me wishez we had a horsey here....Mum can we get a horsey purrleeze??
    ~~head rubz~~ to me fave horsies frum Nylablue n ((HUGS)) frum me Mum Sherri-Ellen...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vidock the silly horses should come and say hello as they don't know what they are missing to have you as a friend. Violette you look so pretty after your furmination and I bet you feel great too.. Hugs GJ x

    ReplyDelete
  16. We didn't know horses shed like us kitties. We bet you both feel pretty good now. Enjoy your weekend!! oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. You both look nice shedding your winter coats. Mum wants to smooch that cute pink spot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe the other horses are afraid of you, sweet Vidock. We know you are intact, maybe they are not. We are not very knowledgeable about horses but might that be the reason?
    Violette you looks lovely! Such a pretty girl. And those lucky birdies. They'll have the nicest nests in the village.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.