Wednesday 29 October 2008

I am Tom-Kun!

Tom: The heading of today's post is in reply to one of the comments to yesterday's post, asking why I alone did not have the suffix "chan" after my name. For those who may have forgotten, "chan" is used in Japan as a suffix for small and cute persons, mostly girls, but also particularly cute small boys. So, Sen and Tama are both "chans." I am of course very cute but not exactly small, weighing in as I do at just over 26 kilos (that would be 57+ pounds). So, the appropriate Japanese suffix would in fact be "kun." If any of you have noticed comments on our posts from a doggie called Matilda who lives in Northern Japan, you may have noticed she calls me that already! Needless to say, you can also do as #1 does and call me Tommy!

Here is a picture of me looking sporty and dashing:



And here is one of my soft side!



Sen-Chan: I am exhausted! That little girl wants to play tag all day! And she is really quick, and really sneaky, and she can get into places and under places I can't get to anymore. And.... as soon as I grab her, she screams, and screams and screams! I need to rest...



Tama-Chan: Now that Big Red is resting, what can I get up to next?


11 comments:

  1. Thank you #1, our Japanese is improving everyday!
    Tom Kun, it sound very nice for you boy!
    And "les petits Chan", it's just lovely....
    ViVi & AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom-Kun,
    We think your spots grow more attractive each day. We hope you leave lovely amounts of fur for #1 on her clothing!

    Sen-Chan and Tama-Chan,
    We can't wait to see some of your future action shots together! It sounds like one of you is a bit of a drama queen, eh?

    Purrs,
    Abby & Stygia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for introduce me.
    It is natural for me to say "TOM Kun".
    I love your pictures! Those are very beautiful!
    hugs > TOM kun
    hugs > SEN chan
    hugs > TAMA chan
    Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tommy, you are in wonderful sporting form today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she's a little climber huh? I bet she tires you out quite a bit, Kaze screams and hisses at me when we play tag.

    Chase

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom-Kun, thanks for the explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, Tom-kun, Big Red and Mistletoe, I see you are already playing with one another!?! That's great! I would love to play along...
    Your chubby-cheeked friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Tom that "soft" picture of you is just hallmark material!!

    Sen- you look like such a cosy brofer to lay with!!
    Tama- you look like a cheeky little girl.. my kind of play pal! hehe

    V-V

    ReplyDelete
  9. SEN-CHAN! TOM-KUN! TAMA-CHAN! I've missed you! Thanks for comin' by to welcome me back, I sure appreciate it.

    Tama, it sure is nice to meetcha'. You're definitely walkin' in cotton, as we say here in Texas, at your new home..You couldn't have landed in a better home, no way! And you get to go OUTSIDE! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Tama you can come over here and let my Sweety rest for a bit! Uncle Ramses is very good at playing with little kittens and so am I, just watch out for Tigmut'hep and don't take his manky looking toy rat or he'll start moaning again! ;)

    Purrs and kitty kisses for Sen-Chan! :)
    Isis
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tom, you are so handsome! That's a great picture of you "looking sporty and dashing". Sen-Chan, I'm so glad you and Tama-Chan are playing tag. That sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.