Tuesday 29 July 2008

Tails on Tuesday

Sen-Chan: Well, this post is going to be mostly about me because I am the one with the serious tail around here. #1 laughs when I am outside and going places because I often carry my tail straight up, like some kind of antenna she says... Anyway, I am personally very happy with my tail which has a chocolate tip!



Here is more of a close-up, which #1 took yesterday:



TOM: OK, it's a fact. I don't have much of a tail. Although it is now illegal to dock tails in Europe, there is a special dispensation for hunting dogs, and I was "done" when I was very small, well before I came to live with #1. It's apparently not a full dock so I have plenty to wag, and do I wag! #1 says that it is all that wagging that keeps me so slim! Anyway, it apparently also makes it very hard to take photos of my tail! Here is the best #1 could do:



As you can see, I have some rather nice feathering to brighten up the darker colour!



11 comments:

  1. Mommy laughs when we walk around the bed and all you can see is the end of our tails. She calls us kitty sharks. -R&T

    My tail is kinda stubby too. It had a sore on it and OldMommy was supposed to keep an e-collar on me, but for some reason she didn't and it was itchy and hurty so I bit off about 1/3 of it. It's okay now and Mommy & Daddy take much better care of me. Mommy calls it paying attention. Mommy says that OldMommy can never have me back. That makes me happy. -Kesey

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice dry sorrel tail may be carried with pride to show off it's beautiful chocolate tip, my soggy wet one on the other hand must be run away from for a while and then groomed vigorously until it looked smart once more...

    Take a tip and learn from your elders, don't jump into a running shower and expect to come our dry... ;)

    Purrs your fur-brother,
    Ramses

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both have some very nice tails! Sen, yours is so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sen you have a very nice long tail to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, if only I could get to your tail! It really looks like something I need to chase.... and Get!

    Purrs,
    Abby Normal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sen Chan, i can tell you, since your great great mother all your familly cats have this tail's type: ??????
    It's a permanent "QUESTION"
    the AB clan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sen, your chocolate tip is wonderful! We're sorry your tail was docked, Tom. You could've probably whapped lots of neat-o stuff over with it if you had a longer tail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tail certainly is expressive!! I actually curl mine over my back like an arc wherever I go. Humans for some reason thing tails are soooo cute.

    Latte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sen-Chan, you have a wonderful tail. :) We both use our tails a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our Aby friend TT has crossed over and her Mom is really sad...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Petey: Tom, that is a perfectly fine tail, at least as long as mine!

    Mica: Don't you love that dark tip at the end of your tail? Mine is the darkest chocolate brown. Sometimes, when I don't have a toy to play with, I try to catch it and spin around. I think God made our tail tips dark just so we'd always have a toy with us!

    Your pals,

    Petey and Mica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love getting comments.